Nintendo Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings And The Lost Ocean , Baten Kaitos Origins Remasters

Time for them to actually announce the exact date...

Is it coming for Playstation as well?
dunno I mean first game was originally published/owned by Namco but Nintendo funded and published the second game and it's Monolith's game owned by big N now so probably it's staying big N exclusive.

Game Director commented on canceled Baten Kaitos III backthen:

After Baten Kaitos II, we aimed to release Baten Kaitos III on the next generation of consoles, looking to Bandai Namco for funding, Monolith for the plot and artwork, and tri-Crescendo for programming, but due to Bandai Namco’s restructuring and budget review, as well as tri-Crescendo’s financial struggles, III was cancelled. After that, there were also plans for a DS version, but that was cancelled too.

I had heard about tri-Crescendo’s troubles from Shiba-san, being on the verge of bankruptcy. It seems development of Eternal Sonata averted disaster by reusing code during pre-production to lower costs.

Game Director commented on canceled Baten Kaitos III backthen:

After Baten Kaitos II, we aimed to release Baten Kaitos III on the next generation of consoles, looking to Bandai Namco for funding, Monolith for the plot and artwork, and tri-Crescendo for programming, but due to Bandai Namco’s restructuring and budget review, as well as tri-Crescendo’s financial struggles, III was cancelled. After that, there were also plans for a DS version, but that was cancelled too.

I had heard about tri-Crescendo’s troubles from Shiba-san, being on the verge of bankruptcy. It seems development of Eternal Sonata averted disaster by reusing code during pre-production to lower costs.

Oof, always sad to see this kind of stories.

Back