Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Batman: Arkham Knight, the climactic final chapter of Rocksteady's Arkham series, has been delayed until 2015.

The news was announced at an event we attended, during which time we also got the opportunity to go hands-on with the new Batmobile.

Though the game was originally due out on PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 14 this year, it seems the developer has had a change of heart. No reasons for the delay were given, though it's safe to assume the studio wants to make sure it goes out with a bang. On the plus side, with October and November this year already looking busy, it's probably not the worst thing in the world.
source

That's going to hurt console sales.

Update 3/23/15:

Game has been delayed to June 23rd 2015.

http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-knight-just-got-yet-another-delay-the-u-1693070152

that sucks lol, I was planning on upgrading to a Xbox One once this game came out, guess I will just wait until next year.

I was so disappointed to hear they pushed it back.. I was so excited to play this when it came out. Oh well I guess a little more waiting won't hurt ;)

I feel like it's understandable. If you've ever done much programming, I'm sure you've had the experience of going "this should take around 2 hours," and 5 hours later still being all "what the hell computer I said to add x to y, why don't you just do it you stupid machine!"
It's just really hard to estimate dev time. I'd much rather developers delay and get a game right than hold fast to an announced deadline and produce another SimCity 2013.

I'm not going to lie, im really disappointed and annoyed at the fact that this game has been delayed!
I was really looking forward to playing this game and i know its not a massive wait but its still a wait i dont want :(

It sucks that it was delayed, as a big fan of the Arkham games, but I believe the delay will come with an increase of quality in the end product. That combined with the fact that the latter parts of this year are jam packed with games I want to purchase, the delay doesn't bother me that much.

That figures.  Usually, when you are looking forward to something you REALLY want then it ends up getting pushed back. 

Back