Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Free or paid, what do you feel is the best antivirus to use?

I don't know which one is the best, but from the ones I have tried so far, I would choose Avira or ZoneAlarm. Preferably the security suites, not the free versions. I currently use a free antivirus, but I intend to buy ZoneAlarm in a few months when my budget allows me to do that.

I don't know which one is the best, but from the ones I have tried so far, I would choose Avira or ZoneAlarm. Preferably the security suites, not the free versions. I currently use a free antivirus, but I intend to buy ZoneAlarm in a few months when my budget allows me to do that.

don't you find Avria a bit sluggish?

I think BitDefender is the best paid antivirus, and it has a free version as well.

I think BitDefender is the best paid antivirus, and it has a free version as well.
BitDefender is absolutely horrible, in my opinion. And this comes from a Romanian person (BitDefender is a company that was founded in Romania). I had BitDefender's security suite, with a valid license, with the firewall and everything, on my PC last year, but someone managed to put a RAT on my PC through Skype. They had access to my files for a few weeks until I did a scan with Hitman Pro and removed it. BitDefender had absolutely no idea that it was there, although the firewall was turned on. There's also the fact that it is very sluggish. I do not recommend BitDefender at all. In fact, for me it is somewhere in the top 5 worst security programs.

BitDefender is absolutely horrible, in my opinion. And this comes from a Romanian person (BitDefender is a company that was founded in Romania). I had BitDefender's security suite, with a valid license, with the firewall and everything, on my PC last year, but someone managed to put a RAT on my PC through Skype. They had access to my files for a few weeks until I did a scan with Hitman Pro and removed it. BitDefender had absolutely no idea that it was there, although the firewall was turned on. There's also the fact that it is very sluggish. I do not recommend BitDefender at all. In fact, for me it is somewhere in the top 5 worst security programs.

Thanks for the feedback. Never knew Bitdefender was so bad at protecting a computer from a RAT through Skype. I wonder did the person on Skype intentionally put the RAT on your PC, or was his PC hacked causing a hacker to use his PC to put a RAT on your PC. The hacker might of made his RAT undetectable by antivirus programs like BitDefender before he installed a RAT on your PC. There is a chance that the RAT makers owned BitDefender, and other antivirus programs to test to see if the RAT is undetectable by the newest version of Bitdefender's virus definition.

Thanks for the feedback. Never knew Bitdefender was so bad at protecting a computer from a RAT through Skype. I wonder did the person on Skype intentionally put the RAT on your PC, or was his PC hacked causing a hacker to use his PC to put a RAT on your PC. The hacker might of made his RAT undetectable by antivirus programs like BitDefender before he installed a RAT on your PC. There is a chance that the RAT makers owned BitDefender, and other antivirus programs to test to see if the RAT is undetectable by the newest version of Bitdefender's virus definition.
It was intentional. He tried to blackmail me. It was this dude whom I had some problems with a while ago. But that is irrelevant. It was just a regular RAT taken from some website. It was well-known. I googled it and several security companies (SurfRight, Malwarebytes, Avira, ZoneAlarm etc.) had that RAT covered in their anti-malware database.

don't you find Avria a bit sluggish?
It is a little on the slow side, but at least it has one of the best detection rates, according to most tests.

Also, ZoneAlarm's security suite is considered to have the best firewall in existence. And they use the Kaspersky antivirus engine, which is also remarkably good. They don't do so well in the spam filtering department though, but that's a minor inconvenience.

Back