Best budget ever

Lici

Awards
Credits
Our idiot government took away work for welfare when they got elected in a couple years ago. In our budget review for this year they have said that they are making people work for it again (15 hours volunteer work a week, I think), and that pregnant teenagers will no longer get hand outs from the government if they don't go back to highschool and graduate after their baby turns 1.

I think it's the best idea ever. I'm all for welfare if you have a disability (which puts you in a different bracket from just the lazy welfare bracket anyway), but if you're just a lazy bum who doesn't want to work and expects handouts from the government, supplied by us tax payers, then I have a pretty strong opposition. And teenage mothers, genius. I know a bunch of girls from my highschool days who did it just for the payouts and not having to do anything after it. Half of them don't even use the money on their kids, they use it on cigarettes, drinks and drugs on the weekends.

Fifteen volunteer hours a week? Jesus. Do you Aussies have a regular work week of around 40 hours like Americans do?

I lol'd at the "our idiot government" part, but in seriousness:
I like the idea, but the whole "teenage moms" thing sounds a bit... Eh. I would hope that they could at least supply child care or something of the like...

Fifteen volunteer hours a week? Jesus. Do you Aussies have a regular work week of around 40 hours like Americans do?

Lol, of course we do. But our stupid government took away work for welfare when they got elected in. 15 hours work is better than them not having to do any and getting handouts.

Back