froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to ReCode, Best Buy you will soon be able to rent items like cameras, wearables and audio devices with a featured button on Best Buy's website. A Best Buy spokesperson confirmed to Engadget that drones will not be on offer through the rental service.

Read More

Renting electronics can be a good option for schools who may just need to rent a camera to have a teacher to take yearbook photos, or a school need to rent a nice stereo sound system, and large big screen TV for a school dance, meeting or party.

College students who live in small college dorms and apartments may rent a game console, Gaming PC, and Blu-Ray Player for a few hours to days to relax when they don't have a lot of homework, exams, part-time jobs, and other activities like school clubs, and sports which make it harder for them to find time to relax.

Last edited:
This will either go really well or go really bad.

This will either go really well or go really bad.

If the prices are affordable, I can see renting electronics doing well because it is a cheaper than buying a very expensive item like a 4K camera, and using it only a few times per year.

I think Best Buy also renting game console games, computer software, Blu-ray/DVD movies, Music stored on CDs and USB, eBooks and other content can be a good idea as well because not everyone wants to buy a game, movie, music, and eBooks which they may just plan to play for a few days.

Last edited:
If the prices are affordable, I can see renting electronics doing well because it is a cheaper than buying a very expensive item like a 4K camera, and using it only a few times per year.

I think Best Buy also renting game console games, computer software, Blu-ray/DVD movies, Music stored on CDs and USB, eBooks and other content can be a good idea as well because not everyone wants to buy a game, movie, music, and eBooks which they may just plan to play for a few days.

renting stuff out is a problem thing as the company will hound you for the product if you're late with money or damage it. Plus the next person using it may not be able to use it in the full way it should have.

renting stuff out is a problem thing as the company will hound you for the product if you're late with money or damage it. Plus the next person using it may not be able to use it in the full way it should have.

Maybe a monthly subscription membership like Netflix where people pay $10 a month to subscribe to electronics like a camera, or printer would work out better for most users than the rentals where you pay only for the days you rent it, and the store hound you for the stuff back if it is late, and ask you to pay for damages.

Once you stop paying for the subscription, a worker comes to your home to pick up the electronics you subscribe to, or give you a protective box to send it back to the owner.

I wish they had this option when I was in college. It would have been very helpful when I needed DVD's, laptops, cameras for personal and school use. Finally someone is being innovative and thinking outside of the box. I always liked Best Buy but this makes me like them even more. Its a struggle for people out here and college kids struggle the most while they're trying to figure life out. My college years were fun but expensive. I can see this working for lots of people, not just students. Hooray for Best Buy!

That's pretty useful. As someone who easily gets buyer's remorse, it's a good way to test out the product and to think properly whether or not it's a good thing and fit for you. Too bad I bet it's only for US stores, it would be nice for others to follow this trend but seeing as how they would probably lose a ton of sales from people returning products, I don't think it will catch on.

Back