Best weapon to kill zombies?

Ramil Youth

Well, This is stressful
Full GL Member
Credits
tumblr_plx7yurdZu1x6ms67o2_500.gif

Shoot the legs, Arms and of course everyone's favorite HEADSHOT!! OR JUST LEAVE YOUR KINGDOM ON FIRE!! LOLJK

WELL, It seems like I've been playing Zombie Shooter - Death Hospital a lot lately, and then me and my brother watched this Korean TV Series ( Kingdom ) on Netflix. This Series got me thinking what is the best weapon to kill the zombies?

giphy.gif

Bigger isn’t always better, sometimes the lighter ones that don’t take time to reload is better. Of course, when game developers and movies start to get creative with weapons, it brings this thrilling joy, knowing that this electric shocker bazooka will definitely kill zombies so well, it’ll be a spectacle to see.

But series like The Walking Dead or the game The Last of Us, proves that bows can be super cool in a zombie apocalypse. They aren’t noisy, and you can always reuse bows. It’s like having Legolas in a zombie apocalypse, it’s that awesome.

Guns are still fun to use, and the more guns you can use is great! Resident Evil and Death Hospital gives you all kinds of guns. Whenever I get to collect all the parts I need for a new gun in Zombie Shooter – Death Hospital, I suddenly feel like this badass, ESPECIALLY when the gun has more damage, and less reload time (nudges at Zombie Shooter Game Developers for a 0-1 sec reload time).

Uses of knives, bombs, and axes are also good weapons that fans love seeing used well against a zombie. Of course, this is because it gives us that sense of security that there are weapons near us that we can use in case a zombie outbreak happens and that there is actually this giant underground facility beneath our city we didn’t know of, we’ll never know

tenor.gif

What weapon would you choose when a zombie apocalypse comes?

The best weapon is the one you can use to land hits that stop the threat.
I cannot use a bow at all so it's not a practical weapon for me. I'm only likely to miss and waste the arrows. (Even if they are quiet, you still have to spend time/energy retrieving arrows or making new ones.) Crossbows are a maybe as they share some characteristics with firearms (like sights) but I don't know much about them so I wouldn't want to bet on them.

As I've said in other places... I don't want to get close to anything (living or not). I want to stay as far back as I can.

This leaves guns as the best option for me. I'm fairly skilled in their use and at ranges of 25 yards I'm a pretty good shot even with a handgun. (I've not really had the opportunity to go beyond that range though. I'd like to try longer ranges. But they're pretty far away from where I live and they cost a fair bit too. Unlike the US, where I live I can't just go into the woods and shoot due to how our laws are set up. )

Though I think the AR would be the best weapon for dispatching zombies due to the fact it's accurate at fairly long ranges, the recoil is minimal, the gun is fairly light, ammo is relatively light and is very plentiful (you can find it in every gunstore plus police and militaries often use it), it causes a lot of damage on impact (the projectile tumbles after entering, causing more damage to the tissues). It's a good compromise between stopping power and weight. It's a fairly simple rifle to operate so most people can pick it up and learn to shoot it pretty quickly and be accurate. It's easy to clean and can run for thousands of rounds no problem without too much effort.
In places like the US it's an even better option because you can get suppressors to muffle the sound some (making it a bit safer on the user's ears, still need ear protection though) but it means the sound doesn't travel as far and possibly attract as much attention.

Probably fire or just smashing them I suppose.
God...I don't wanna think about all the gore (_ _)
Luffy's idea is the best for stopping Zombie apocalypse though xD

Fire is probably the worst idea to deal with them...
In most media zombies don't feel pain or require a lot of (if any) oxygen to function so once they're lit on fire they just stay on fire until either it gets hot enough to burn the flesh away or it runs out of fuel. This means a zombie on fire is just going to shamble around setting other things on fire until it finally succumbs. That might take several hours for it to finally give out. (Wood fires can hit 600 celcius which is what it'd take to cremate a human... but it takes about 3 hours to do so. The zombie itself being on fire wouldn't likely reach that temperature though so it'd likely take much longer.)

Nukes might work... But it might be hard to get access to one. (I don't think it'd be as easy as walk into the white house, grab the first red button you see and press it. You'd probably have to go to the nuke silo itself to launch one.) Plus where would you target to eliminate the most zombies and the least humans? (I mean it'd be likely impossible to avoiding hitting any humans with a nuke. They affect such a large area.) Though if you could herd zombies into one area somehow you could take out a ton of them in one shot.
Though care should be taken before firing... do you want to risk a case of The Glowing Ones wandering around? (For those who haven't played Fallout, they're basically zombies that emit radiation.)

In most media zombies don't feel pain or require a lot of (if any) oxygen to function so once they're lit on fire they just stay on fire until either it gets hot enough to burn the flesh away or it runs out of fuel. This means a zombie on fire is just going to shamble around setting other things on fire until it finally succumbs.
Yes, Agreed. That's why if there's a zombie apocalypse you can use any kind of weapon but avoid fire. ( ALWAYS, ALWAYS AIM FOR THE HEAD )

Back