Other Beyond The Game (2008) is a documentary about esports

HanaSong

Full GL Member
Credits
Beyond The Game [2008].jpg

If you're wondering what it's like to be an professional video game player (esports player as they're called today), then this documentary will show you everything about a pro gaming player's journey to victory.

For those who haven't watched this decade-old documentary, Beyond the Game follows the journey of professional Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne players as they compete in the 2007 World Cyber Games in Seattle, Washington.

Three well-known Warcraft III players (namely Grubby, MaDFroG, and Sky) were the main focus of this documentary. One of the biggest struggles in the film is the conflict between a player reclaiming his world title and another player defending his valued world title.

Beyond the Game is just one of the few documentaries about professional video gaming showing how big the gaming scene has grown during that time. Professional video gaming is now one of the greatest careers to have nowadays and it's just getting bigger as many new games are now paving the way for more aspiring esports legends.

Have you seen this documentary before? What do you think about professional video gaming?

I have not seen this documentary. It does sound like an interesting documentary about Warcraft III pro gaming.

I think professional video gaming can be a great career for people who love competitive gaming, and watching people compete to be the best at a game like Warcraft III.

Haven't seen it yet. Although I presume there will be outdated things in this surely considering it's from 2008. I would guess that several things in the e-sports industry has changed quite a bit since then

If you haven't seen the documentary yet, here's the video. (Let me know if the link is working.)

Beyond the Game (2008) in JOS DE PUTTER / DOCUMENTARIES & TRAILERS

I know, it's a little outdated, but Warcraft III is still alive! Grubby is still streaming, WC3 Reforged is coming out, And World Cyber Games is back with Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne!

This game just won't die! :smile::smile::smile:

This is nostalgic, esports legends in one documentary, who will not love this? Thank you World Cyber Games for this kind of documentary.

I found an HD version of the documentary on YouTube. So, if you want to watch a documentary about the legendary Grubby playing his beloved Warcraft III in the World Cyber Games stage, better watch it now before YouTube decides to take it down.

Back