Binding of Isaac on 3DS?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Huh. This is apparently possible now, despite Nintendo's original comments that the game was 'inappropriate' for the eShop. It's likely, cause someone from Nicalis tweeted this picture hinting at it:

gallery_1_2_27261.jpg

But what do you think? Should the game be released on 3DS?

It would be awesome but ...Nintendo said the religious content of the game was "qestionable" (even though it's just a retelling of the bible story of the same name) and I don't really see them changing their stance on that...

I mean the gore and disturbing imagery (paired with the cartoonish look, making it seem like a game for kids in the eyes of ignorant parents) is already kinda risky for Nintendo's image (which they like to keep squeaky clean)...

....although they have been more open for mature content recently with Bayonetta and stuff...

Who knows, maybe they're making a version with the religious stuff toned down or replaced or something.

Also I'm wondering if the controls would work well with the 3DS... having to use the a, b, x & y buttons as a second joystick could get kinda tricky...
Oh, well, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be awesome but ...Nintendo said the religious content of the game was "qestionable" (even though it's just a retelling of the bible story of the same name) and I don't really see them changing their stance on that...

I mean the gore and disturbing imagery (paired with the cartoonish look, making it seem like a game for kids in the eyes of ignorant parents) is already kinda risky for Nintendo's image (which they like to keep squeaky clean)...

....although they have been more open for mature content recently with Bayonetta and stuff...

Who knows, maybe they're making a version with the religious stuff toned down or replaced or something.

Also I'm wondering if the controls would work well with the 3DS... having to use the a, b, x & y buttons as a second joystick could get kinda tricky...
Oh, well, we'll see.

I'm not familiar with this title at all, but as for your last comment I'd like to assure you they would most likely feel very smooth,. When I purchased my PSP years ago I was very skeptical of Me and My Katamari for PSP's use of the 4 buttons as a second analog stick much like you are about this game, but found it worked VERY WELL and controlled better than any other game in the series even to date! So, my point is, it COULD work VERY well if the developers take the time to make the fluidness correct.

I'm not familiar with this title at all, but as for your last comment I'd like to assure you they would most likely feel very smooth,. When I purchased my PSP years ago I was very skeptical of Me and My Katamari for PSP's use of the 4 buttons as a second analog stick much like you are about this game, but found it worked VERY WELL and controlled better than any other game in the series even to date! So, my point is, it COULD work VERY well if the developers take the time to make the fluidness correct.

Dangit, now you made me wanna play Katamari!
...I need to get an Xbox or PS3...

Dangit, now you made me wanna play Katamari!
...I need to get an Xbox or PS3...

lol katamari is on 360, ps3, ps2, psp, and vita XD You have many options. But regardless as to which version you got post PS2 we could play together (except on vita as i got rid of my version of that game as it was all the same levels as the other games and VERY short. like 5 stages they used over and over). My fave one is the PSP one but for someone who hasn't played the series at all or since PS2 days I'd suggest Forever for PS3 as it is a collection of MANY stages with 2 game modes for each stage (not counting eternal and race) with an added ability to jump.I finished Forever then bought the 360's Beautiful Katamari only to find all the levels I hated from Forever were basically the entire game for Beautiful lol

Back on topic... Bayonetta being on Wii U proves absolutely nothing as far as maturity goes. SNES had the Mortal Kombats as did N64, GameCube and so on. N64 had Conker's Bad Fur day and South Park (and I'm just listing ones for more mature audiences rather than ones rated Mature for things like violence such as Perfect Dark or Resident Evil, mind you, with the exception to Mortal Kombat since its level of violence goes far beyond the norm). GameCube had Eternal darkness: Sanity's Requiem (one of my all-time favorite games with an extremely unique way of incorporating scares) and BMX XXX - which was oddly uncensored for the GameCube version but the PS2 version censored the bare chests of the women. Wii had Manhunt 2 and on the Wii ware it has an Anime strip poker game called Sexy Poker (although it does have blackjack but doesn't mention that in the title at all lol).

so, yeah, one or two games each console proves nothing to me.

lol katamari is on 360, ps3, ps2, psp, and vita XD You have many options. But regardless as to which version you got post PS2 we could play together (except on vita as i got rid of my version of that game as it was all the same levels as the other games and VERY short. like 5 stages they used over and over). My fave one is the PSP one but for someone who hasn't played the series at all or since PS2 days I'd suggest Forever for PS3 as it is a collection of MANY stages with 2 game modes for each stage (not counting eternal and race) with an added ability to jump.I finished Forever then bought the 360's Beautiful Katamari only to find all the levels I hated from Forever were basically the entire game for Beautiful lol
?

I played Katamari 1 and We love Katamari on an emulator and I sometimes get to play Beautiful Katamari at my friend's house.
I wish I had Beautiful and Forever for myself but I dont have an Xbox or playstation 3... and I don't wanna buy either one just for one game...
If only there was one for the Wii U...

Well, Bayonetta wasn't censored on the Wii U. Mortal Kombat was on the SNES.

Frankly, the possibility for more 'mature' games was always there on Nintendo systems (at least from the Nintendo 64 era onwards, as Rare will attest to). It's just that the third party support was lacking and didn't trust Nintendo after the NES/SNES censorship travesties.

Of course, you could also bring up that the other companies had a few... interesting issues with censorship as well. Remember Conker Live and Reloaded? Congrats Microsoft, on censoring a game that was seen as perfectly fine back on the Nintendo 64. And the stores... they play a pretty big role here too. If a game goes too far, a lot of big brand retailers won't stock it.

Well, Bayonetta wasn't censored on the Wii U.  Mortal Kombat was on the SNES.

Frankly, the possibility for more 'mature' games was always there on Nintendo systems (at least from the Nintendo 64 era onwards, as Rare will attest to).  It's just that the third party support was lacking and didn't trust Nintendo after the NES/SNES censorship travesties.

Of course, you could also bring up that the other companies had a few... interesting issues with censorship as well. Remember Conker Live and Reloaded?  Congrats Microsoft, on censoring a game that was seen as perfectly fine back on the Nintendo 64.  And the stores... they play a pretty big role here too.  If a game goes too far, a lot of big brand retailers won't stock it.?

Actually, you are slightly mistaken on your second part. Nintendo actually went back on their word - it wasn't the developers. After Conker for N64 released Miyamoto stated he was withdrawing his previous declaration of going more adult-friendly. When the gamecube had BMX XXX he had said he was apologizing for his going back on his word and used it to prove he was going to hold true to his statement this gen. Once again, about a month or two later, he withdrew that declaration as well lol Game developer show a lot of interest in making the games but Miyamoto says 'no' quite often. A prime example is Manhunt 2. that game was drastically reformatted violence and gameplay-wise to fit Miyamoto's specifications. Originally, the developers wanted to make the first game for the Wii and use the wiimote and chuck to have players actually manipulate actions in real life to reflect the actions in-game, such as snapping necks and stabbing people from behind. Miyamoto said he would not allow such a graphic use of the Wii's features and forced them to completely rebuild the engine from the ground up.

Back