Black Ops Discussion Thread

Zexis

Ex-staff
Awards
Credits
Because SMF and I need one (but you folks are welcome to join
wink.gif
)

With all of the talk we have about Black Ops, it couldn't hurt to put some of that towards forum productivity. So discuss anything and everything Black Ops related!

Well....... The new maps are nice. Especially Ascension.

That's what everyone keeps telling me...makes me sad that I only have half of the points for it. I'll just have to satisfy my Ascension appetite for now by pouring over wiki pages and Youtube videos...

So what's your favorite gun in matchmaking? I've tried several but I'm having trouble settling on one :/ I used the AK74u for awhile, then the AUG, Commando, AK47, and now the Galil. It's surprisingly delicious
happy.gif

By the way, in your sig, it's "Lullaby for a Dead Man", not "of".

EDIT: Wait, now I'm not so sure :/ The official soundtrack says "of", sooo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well....... The new maps are nice. Especially Ascension.
I is jealous.

0b04a26d8ed9d21291ee0f4.png
-Main class
5631f44b86fc44fd8cfa671.png
-Jackass class, for them stupid Respawn Killers.
I used the AUG for my bomb class, but i just found out it's too jumpy. It's hard to hit in a straight line.
I used to have the Galil, but i really wanted to try the AK. soo...here I am, pwning prestige noobs with my AK47 and making myself look good.
biggrin.gif

Ed-and I got a question-Which looks cooler?

or

with this background though (I screwed up. Xd)
42551.jpg

I'm not real crazy about the AK47. It's just too jumpy...but, then again, I've yet to try it without a red dot sight.

Oh, and I totally forgot about that class creator thing-a-mi-jig. SO....

My current favorite class:

4293b635a244fd4832361f3.png

I like the way the Galil handles recoil...nice and smooth.

During my last prestige, I used these two classes for some good ol' fashioned lulz:

d6b527c882936b07cfec6ce.png

LOTSA bullets.

a1837d30461c39079a2dc65.png

The attachment is an ACOG scope. The PSG1 is sooo much more accurate than the L96, and is nearly as powerful (I'd have to look at the stats again). It's fun for sniping, but not very effective at CQB unless you're a quick-scoping ninja (which I am not).

Sorry for the double-post, but I missed the question in your last post. I'd probably go with the top one.

thats a keeper then. Thanks! and i edited in when you posted yours.

gah, I can't see how you can stand the decoys. I have to throw stuff to know if someones inside a building or something. I used em' once, but got annoying. So, I stick with Nova Gas.
and...*looks at first class* I hate Second-Chance. MW2 was OK, because you couldn't be revived. But now, it's dumb. -__- I'm not amused Zex.

Second Chance is meh-ish at first, but well worth it when you get Pro. And now that I've gotten Ghost Pro, I'll probably switch out the launcher for a Python + speed reloader to make Second Chance a little more effective. Personally, I feel like there are fewer "noob" weapons and killstreaks than in MW2. In MW2, there was the Harrier+Choppah+Nuke combo that drove everyone crazy, not to mention the ACR, TAR-21 and SCAR-H whiners. Oh, and the noob tubes. They were awful. In Black Ops, you see a lot more variety with playing styles.

EDIT: As for the decoys, it's something new I'm trying. Tactical grenades never do me much good anyways...I always get shot before I can toss those darn flash grenades :/

I mainly use 3 classes. These would be when I have everything I have that I want for them.

87ed2632f7abd5714149f18.png

d1fa3786a81e5b3f823400e.png

68bbb6d451efa7e572314e5.png

The L96 is sexy, but a sniper rifle shouldn't be inaccurate. PSG1 wins by a mile, sadly.

And...the Stakeout? o_O A pump shotty?

It's my Baby.......
It owns in Zombies mode.

Second Chance is meh-ish at first, but well worth it when you get Pro.
to me, all you guys are still Second-Chance-Bitches. no offence or anything. I just find it too cheap, because Your easily escaping Death.

and am I the only one who hasn't prestiged yet??

So? I'm still picking it over other useful perks like Marathon. And I don't see anything wrong with making my class as powerful as possible :] If I didn't have that mentality, I'd be running around trying to get kills with an Uzi + ACOG.

And my brother refuses to prestige, but I think it's because he doesn't play BO as much as I do and doesn't want to lose all of his classes. I like the constant leveling up...it's what makes the game addicting. And the additional custom classes aren't too bad, either.

to me, all you guys are still Second-Chance-Bitches. no offence or anything. I just find it too cheap, because Your easily escaping Death.

and am I the only one who hasn't prestiged yet??

I guess so. I'm on 8th or 9th or 7th. I don't remember.
And as for the Second Chance...... eh anything at all will kill us, wily pete's, Flash Bangs Ect. 1/6 of the times I will not kill anyone in last Stand.

And as for the Second Chance...... eh anything at all will kill us, wily pete's, Flash Bangs Ect. 1/6 of the times I will not kill anyone in last Stand.
Second Chance is pretty much useless at long range, but it can be great for launching surprise attacks in close quarters. I've gotten up to three kills before in Second Chance...that was largely due to luck, but it sure made for some great kill cams
biggrin.gif

Custom_Awesome_Smiley_2_by_LinkG07.png
wut?
Custom_Awesome_Smiley_9_by_LinkG07.png
I REALLY gotta prestige soon. lvl 47 and taunting.

Second Chance is pretty much useless at long range, but it can be great for launching surprise attacks in close quarters. I've gotten up to three kills before in Second Chance...that was largely due to luck, but it sure made for some great kill cams
biggrin.gif

Usually I get the Pro "Killing people in Last Stand) By luckiness. I shoot my strikeout but the guy shoots me before my bullet hits him, and when I'm in Last Stand my bullet reaches him and technically I killed him in last stand. The whole thing happens pretty quickly.

Usually I get the Pro "Killing people in Last Stand) By luckiness. I shoot my strikeout but the guy shoots me before my bullet hits him, and when I'm in Last Stand my bullet reaches him and technically I killed him in last stand. The whole thing happens pretty quickly.
Heh, I know whatcha talking about. Happens to me, too. And then there's the bit where you have to get a headshot in Second Chance...got that today by pure luck. A guy shot me but, instead of finishing me off right away, went prone. So I lined up his head in my sights and went bang bang bang!
biggrin.gif
Last kill of the match, too...I'm always tempted to record things and put them up on Youtube, but it's hard to find something truly original to upload.

So................ It's a real shame about what's gonna happen to Zombies mode.

What? What's happening to Zombies?

Back