froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The unlocked version of BlackBerry Priv went up on Amazon earlier today for $699, that’s the same price that BlackBerry is charging through its own online store, but soon after Amazon was out of inventory. The device is now out of stock.

Amazon’s listing for this handset now states that the device is “currently unavailable,” and that the retailer doesn’t know right now when or if this item will be back in stock again. It’s likely that BlackBerry will be sending more inventory to Amazon real soon, but customers may still have to wait.

Read More

I think people like the Priv because it has a keyboard, and better security and features than other Android phones. Plus, most Android phones are kind of boring, and all look alike with similar features, and bundled apps. But, the Priv has a keyboard, and better security features.

I bet, the Priv also comes with less bloatware compared to a phone made by Samsung, Sony, and HTC which sometimes have a lot of bloatware apps.

sounds good for black berry for selling out quickly.

Yeah no kidding, wouldn't have expected that myself. Are blackberries cool again?

Yeah no kidding, wouldn't have expected that myself. Are blackberries cool again?
Depends on the person.

It may attract those who like physical keyboards for example.

This is BlackBerry's last hope, so I'm happy about it. I'm even hearing news about another Android-powered smartphone by 'em coming in the future D:

Not sure what you mean by Androids are boring for having the same apps. Does that not make iPhones boring as they have the same apps too? I think the look of it to be honest and it seems they finally gave up on their useless OS

Depends on the person.

It may attract those who like physical keyboards for example.

This is BlackBerry's last hope, so I'm happy about it. I'm even hearing news about another Android-powered smartphone by 'em coming in the future D:
I haven't really missed physical keyboards as much as I thought I would, which brings me to question just how many people will go back to a blackberry for that.

I have one friend who replaced his iphone with a blackberry just because he thought he spent too much time on his phone :p

I haven't really missed physical keyboards as much as I thought I would, which brings me to question just how many people will go back to a blackberry for that.

I have one friend who replaced his iphone with a blackberry just because he thought he spent too much time on his phone :p

If I had an Office job or run a very active forum which requires me to type a lot, and do a lot of text related tasks like replying to e-mail, forum posts, and blogs, I probably pick a phone with a Keyboard like a Blackberry.

I think as more people become 50 years old and older, they may prefer a physical keyboard because their hands probably are not good as they once were because of arthritis, and repetitive strain injury which may make using a touchscreen keyboard less accurate because of their handicapped hands.

I mean I guess so, but then again I have an 80 year old grandmother who uses a smartphone just fine haha. Different things work for different people though.

very true, my boss is like three years older than my mom which my mom can't use a smart phone where my boss can use it just fine.
Yeah no kidding I honestly think my grandmother is better at using her smartphone than my mom haha

very true, my boss is like three years older than my mom which my mom can't use a smart phone where my boss can use it just fine.

I think a larger smartphone like a 7 inch smartphones maybe easier to use for people who are not used to using a smartphone because the touchscreen keyboard would be bigger.

The keyboard is what I need. I mean I have big fingers and get so many words wrong, it would help me out big time. Not ready to give 699$ for it though xD
It's no wonder it sold out so fast, there are many people who enjoy the keyboard future.

If I had an Office job or run a very active forum which requires me to type a lot, and do a lot of text related tasks like replying to e-mail, forum posts, and blogs, I probably pick a phone with a Keyboard like a Blackberry.

I think as more people become 50 years old and older, they may prefer a physical keyboard because their hands probably are not good as they once were because of arthritis, and repetitive strain injury which may make using a touchscreen keyboard less accurate because of their handicapped hands.
Personally, I find virtual keyboards to be easier to use than physical ones on smartphones...

Personally, I find virtual keyboards to be easier to use than physical ones on smartphones...

I think with custom keyboards with adjustable sizes, and themes, virtual keyboards can be easier to use on big smartphones with 6 inch and larger screen size.

I found a keyboard called Big Button Keyboard for Google Android which is pretty easy to use because I set the keyboard to a very big button size, so the keys are easier to press, and find.

oh no, my boss and the rest of the old people use normal size smart phones, none of the larger ones.

I guest, the old people you know are not very heavy smartphone users who use their smartphones to watch long videos, play arcade style mobile games, and listen to a large playlist of music files where having a bigger screen is more convenient, and easier on the eyes.

Back