BlueBorne vulnerability

BlueBorne vulnerability

Discussion in 'Gadget Hub' started by Demon_Skeith, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

If you are like me, then you most likely walk around with your Bluetooth on your phone on. Recently, a vulnerability known as BlueBorne was discovered this week by security research firm Armis. With it, researchers were able to infiltrate Samsung Galaxy Phones, iphones and the Google Pixel as well as an LG Sports Watch and a car audio system, all by exploiting the Bluetooth connection.

Anyone here with this kind of issue?

2. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $27,260
    It is a good idea to turn off Bluetooth.

3. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

that's the problem, I never turn mine off ^^;

4. VirusZero

VirusZero Well-Known Member Full GL Member

I only ever turn my bluetooth on when I need it. And even then it's only on for that quick few seconds when I need it. (Usually I use it to transfer a small file to or from my phone. Something that it's under like 2 megabytes so it's not worth plugging my phone into the computer or opening filezilla FTP server to transfer through wifi. For larger/multiple files then yes I'd use another method.)

Though DS why would you leave bluetooth on? That would drain the battery quicker as it'd be constantly pinging wouldn't it?

5. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

I only use up roughly about 30% of my battery each day. Though I will look into getting it off but not that it still won't connect.

6. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $27,260
    I never have Bluetooth ON because I don't own any Bluetooth devices except other cell phones and tablets.