Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
If you are like me, then you most likely walk around with your Bluetooth on your phone on. Recently, a vulnerability known as BlueBorne was discovered this week by security research firm Armis. With it, researchers were able to infiltrate Samsung Galaxy Phones, iphones and the Google Pixel as well as an LG Sports Watch and a car audio system, all by exploiting the Bluetooth connection.

Anyone here with this kind of issue?

I only ever turn my bluetooth on when I need it. And even then it's only on for that quick few seconds when I need it. (Usually I use it to transfer a small file to or from my phone. Something that it's under like 2 megabytes so it's not worth plugging my phone into the computer or opening filezilla FTP server to transfer through wifi. For larger/multiple files then yes I'd use another method.)

Though DS why would you leave bluetooth on? That would drain the battery quicker as it'd be constantly pinging wouldn't it?

I only ever turn my bluetooth on when I need it. And even then it's only on for that quick few seconds when I need it. (Usually I use it to transfer a small file to or from my phone. Something that it's under like 2 megabytes so it's not worth plugging my phone into the computer or opening filezilla FTP server to transfer through wifi. For larger/multiple files then yes I'd use another method.)

Though DS why would you leave bluetooth on? That would drain the battery quicker as it'd be constantly pinging wouldn't it?

I only use up roughly about 30% of my battery each day. Though I will look into getting it off but not that it still won't connect.

Back