Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
On Sunday, April 17, TSA agents mistook a package as a bomb as the package was actually a PlayStation that was so damaged that it was unrecognizable to the employees of Boston's Logan International Airport.

The degraded PlayStation was discovered in the mid-afternoon at the airport, and was regarded as a suspicious item by the TSA. The PlayStation was deemed such a threat to safety that the passengers of Terminal A had to be evacuated, and a bomb disposal unit was dispatched to deal with it. According to a statement by Massachusetts State Police spokesperson Dave Procopio, the console's external features were mostly fine, but in the x-ray its internal issues caused concern.

It is unclear as to what these abnormalities with the PlayStation console were, or even what kind of PlayStation it was that caused the confusion. Many over social media are hoping that it was not a PlayStation 5 left in such a condition that it couldn't be identified properly with an x-ray.

I feel it is better to be safe to investigate a broken console than risk letting a bomb or weapon enter a plane.

I wonder if bringing a less popular game console made by a smaller company like Ouya or Atari could cause the owner to be investigated by the airport security guards.

I wonder if someone got mad at a game and thought it would be a good idea to smash the console :rofl:

I wonder what is the reason the console was smashed so bad that the X-ray's worker can't tell what it was.

Geez I don’t get why people waste their money on a console that they’re just going to destroy. Or maybe someone had a crazy girlfriend who decided to destroy their console. xD Either way what the heck happened to it for it not to be detected by the X-Ray properly?!

Feels bad man. It could have just been a present, but it is suspicious why it wasn't sent through the mail.

Back