Multi Both Sony and Microsoft are making new handhelds ?

cm2

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from insider gaming and gamerant:

Sony may finally be set to rejoin the traditional handheld gaming market with a new PlayStation handheld console.

According to known hardware leaker Moore’s Law Is Dead (MLID), a non-streaming console is in the works at Sony that would natively support and play games.

In his report, MLID says the device will have a custom AMD APU that is “currently in the high level design phase” and is “at least two years out, and technically not greenlit for launch yet”. It’s also mentioned that, based on talking with developers, the new handheld could maintain native backward compatibility with PlayStation 4 games while receiving a “pro-like patch” for PlayStation 5 titles.

The report does state that the device is still early in development, so things are likely to change. It’s also unclear about when this could possibly be revealed and/or released by Sony.

Lastly, MLID says that while he can confirm that the handheld is in development and AMD has the contract for the APU, the “exact specs” of the device are speculation on his part.

Established insider Jez Corden responded to a tweet from fellow insider Tom Henderson, who was explaining that Xbox is likely pursuing a handheld device as well after the recent PlayStation news. Corden responded with a simple, "They are." Corden is a long-time insider with a reliable track record, so there's reason to believe that his claim is accurate. He did not offer any additional details, but similar to PlayStation's rumored device, Xbox's handheld device may not be released for a while. It'll be interesting to see whether Xbox's device will focus on streaming or supporting games natively. Seeing that the two rumored devices are possibly still years away, fans might be interested in some tempting options that will likely be released much sooner.

I wonder how affordable a Sony and Microsoft handheld will be, and if they will have many exclusive games for them.

I am very excited to see that Xbox is getting in on the handheld console market now. For a long time, I have longed to see a handheld from Microsoft and it seems we now may be getting just that.

Exciting times!

I guess they will have to keep us waiting and I want some form of physical media for these handhelds besides just game cases and skins.

Everyone is playing the Handheld market now it's going to be really crowded lol wonder who will come out on top this time... My money is on Nintendo lol

Just get a PC handheld that can stream both your Xbox and Playstation games lol.

Back