Wii Bought a wii, gotta return her though

J-RAY

Top Fight Security!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
To show my support of being a multi-gaming system owner I bought an original Wii.

I was planning on putting it in my room and intended to purchase Mario Kart, the original Super mario brothers that came with the system when you buy it new, the second one(if there is one), donkey kong, mario 3d, and all of the mario parties.

HOWEVER, I have no clue why but the prices for these games are ridiculously high. I didn't realize that they would be so expensive. On top of that I could not even FIND the majority of these titles.
I don't know what is up with that. I am Mr. Moneybags, but I just can't spend $40 for a pre-owned older game like mario kart.

Most of the Wii's game titles were golden S rank games and the older they got the rarer as well which doubled their $$ value. Did you check to see if its cheaper to get via digital?

I can't check digitally because yesterday Nintendo has forced the halt of production of all wii and wii u games. They also have forced all stores(ebgames, gamestop, walmart, etc) to end selling wii games once their stock is gone.

I didn't look digial yet though. I don't have a clue where to check for that.

I can't check digitally because yesterday Nintendo has forced the halt of production of all wii and wii u games. They also have forced all stores(ebgames, gamestop, walmart, etc) to end selling wii games once their stock is gone.

I didn't look digial yet though. I don't have a clue where to check for that.

check the eshop that can be accessed through the Wii. Ebay would be the next best thing as well.

Meh, I returned it. I didn't want to go through the hassle. I found where to get them but they would have to be ordered, then that wireless thing, and then I didn't realize I needed a charging dock. It's way too much effort for a product that they are pulling off the shelf.

Meh, I returned it. I didn't want to go through the hassle. I found where to get them but they would have to be ordered, then that wireless thing, and then I didn't realize I needed a charging dock. It's way too much effort for a product that they are pulling off the shelf.

now you know why the Wii made so much money, so many accessory needs.

Well, I returned it. It's too much trouble for something that is going dead.

Where did you buy it from, and don't they usually need a reason to accept a return?

That's true but the games on the Switch looks to be a lot better. Graphics wise and such.

I think the graphics on the Switch maybe better than the Wii. But, I read news stories which said the Nvdia Tegra X1 CPU and graphics chip produces graphics which are not as detailed as the Xbox 360 and similar consoles.

"However, close comparisons suggested a significantly lower level of model complexity, normal and shadow maps, and texture resolution on the Nvidia hardware by comparison.

Put more simply, Doom 3 BFG ran faster and in higher resolution on Tegra, but it looks a lot worse in every other regard. Call it a wash, I suppose."

Read More

There is a chance that the Wii U may have better graphics than the Switch because the Wii U uses a PowerPC CPU, and AMD Radeon graphics chip which are both found on more powerful devices like computers, and other TV consoles. I think the Wii U is also faster than the Xbox 360 because Wii U uses newer and faster parts.

The Wii U's graphics sometimes look better or about the same compared to the Xbox 360 based on comments on
Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 vs. Wii U Comparison Video

I think the graphics on the Switch maybe better than the Wii. But, I read news stories which said the Nvdia Tegra X1 CPU and graphics chip produces graphics which are not as detailed as the Xbox 360 and similar consoles.

"However, close comparisons suggested a significantly lower level of model complexity, normal and shadow maps, and texture resolution on the Nvidia hardware by comparison.

Put more simply, Doom 3 BFG ran faster and in higher resolution on Tegra, but it looks a lot worse in every other regard. Call it a wash, I suppose."

Read More

There is a chance that the Wii U may have better graphics than the Switch because the Wii U uses a PowerPC CPU, and AMD Radeon graphics chip which are both found on more powerful devices like computers, and other TV consoles. I think the Wii U is also faster than the Xbox 360 because Wii U uses newer and faster parts.

The Wii U's graphics sometimes look better or about the same compared to the Xbox 360 based on comments on
Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 vs. Wii U Comparison Video

The Switch is definitely stronger than the Wii U. Breath of the Wild runs at 720p on the Wii U and the Switch in handheld mode. When it's docked, the game will run at 900p. Plus when you add in all the software advancements since last gen (better shaders), Switch games should look better.

Back