Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Twenty-nine year-old Jin Yasuda allegedly swiped a friend's game console. When it came time to sell the console (the make wasn't specified), Yasuda didn't stray far from his victim's resident. That, it seems, was his undoing.

Yasuda supposedly sold the console back to a local game shop. So when the victim's eldest son wanted to replace the stole game console, he went to the local game shop, where he bought the same make and model. The serial number was the exact same.

The victim's son showed the console and the serial number to that game shop, which kept the name of the individuals who sell used items. The person who sold that console was Jin Yasuda. They contacted the authorities, and Yasuda was nabbed for theft.

After being arrested, Yasuda told investigators, "I had money problems." That's not all—he also had stupidity problems.

source

idiots.

This is a very unlikely coincidence since I think most people just buy a new console if their old console was stolen or got lost.

I never really trust buying used game consoles since it could be a refurbished RROD 360 or YLOD PS3 which might break after a few month, or a year because other parts might fail. I also heard some people fix their console with the "Towel trick" which works at fixing their console for a few weeks or months to sell to a unknown buyer before it fails again in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31tvXu34T8Q

I agree, I buy a used console if they stop making it anymore, and I had a ton of old games for it. But, I think I just buy digital copies of the games on the online marketplace or Disc like those old games like Pacman which got re-release for newer consoles., but the older games are remade for newer consoles like how Nintendo is re-releasing older games from their older system like the Gamecube, but for the Wii which you can purchase for a lower price via the online nintendo store.

This is a very unlikely coincidence since I think most people just buy a new console if their old console was stolen or got lost.

I never really trust buying used game consoles since it could be a refurbished RROD 360 or YLOD PS3 which might break after a few month, or a year because other parts might fail. I also heard some people fix their console with the "Towel trick" which works at fixing their console for a few weeks or months to sell to a unknown buyer before it fails again in the near future.

Well by coincidence, I meant the fact that somehow the used model that he bought was his old model out of the many used models at the store.

Maybe he lived in a small town, and it was an old console like the Playstation 2, or a unpopular game console like the Xbox 360 which is not very popular in Japan.

The article did not mention what brand and type of console it was.

That is a weird coincidence and a very very unlucky thief . By the way .. I would never buy an used console if mine ever gets stolen.

What an awful friend.. scratch that someone who steals your console certainly isn't a friend. I'm glad he was stupid enough to try and sell locally and to give his name as the seller. He deserved to be caught!

What an awful friend.. scratch that someone who steals your console certainly isn't a friend. I'm glad he was stupid enough to try and sell locally and to give his name as the seller. He deserved to be caught!

The game shop's owner probably asks for an ID from people that sell used game consoles, and yeah he was dumb to try selling it locally, specially in a (popular?) game store.

What an idiot!!! When people are desperate they do stupid things. Everyone is having money problems you're not the only one. That had to be fate that he would get caught for stealing a console.

That's just too much of a coincidence and stupidity at it's pinnacle! He should have just sold it somewhere further away and if that was the only gaming store around the area, I would say he is just being plain retarded since he knows his friend probably would go back there to get a replacement. But I guess the saddest part of this is that the pair of friends probably are now torn apart with little chance of getting onto a game together ever. Definitely not worth it...

Back