Buying expensive speakers is more worth it compared to buying expensive TV or monitor?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
In my experience, speakers can last for many years where I can use the same pair of speakers for over 10 years, and it still works and sounds nice, so I think it can be more worth it to buy more expensive speakers. Most expensive speakers have removable audio and power cables, so you can easily replace the cables yourself if your old cables got damaged by an animal like a dog which chewed broken your cable.

Used expensive audio equipment like some nicer speakers may also be worth more money because high quality speakers may no longer be made because most new speakers in the future maybe cheaply made, and sound not as good compared to more expensive audio equipment from the past.

But, TVs are sometimes less reliable than speakers where they can break after 5 years of regular use even if the TV cost more. I think the TV is more likely to suffer from overheating problems, and is more likely to break because of power surges which damage the internal circuit board.

TVs are more likely to become outdated like how older TVs without HD resolution and HDMI are less useful when game consoles like the PS3 and Xbox One uses HDMI cables, and games and Blu-Ray are recorded in HD. Now 720P and 1080P TVs and monitors are becoming outdated as 4K is becoming more popular.

Smart TV's hardware, operating system, and apps will also become outdated where security problems are no longer being fixed where a hacker maybe able to know what you are using your TV for, spy on your internet history, listen to your mic, and watch you if the smart TV has a webcam.

Depends on person, if the person likes to watch MV's then buying a good speakers is really worth it. Mostly audiophiles. But if the person is just an average movie watcher likes to watch movies with a beer and popcorn. I think a decent speaker will do. People are much focusing on visuals than auditory, even on buying TV, people are looking on specs such as resolution etc than audio specs.

I feel a surround sound system can be worth it if you watch a lot of movies, and TV shows which support surround sound. I think one of the good things with surround sound speakers is that they probably still be compatible with TVs which are release in the future since a lot of current TVs still use S/PDIF optical audio cables as the audio connection.

This is why I like sound bars.

Honestly, I don't think so.
Everything should complement each other. Buying just expensive speakers just wouldn't cut it.

I think there would be only webcam on speaker if the product had been bought at unauthorized store/dealer with no permit of operating.

I seen a webcam with a speaker on them, so they do exist. But, they are not very popular except for certain tasks like as a security camera where you can use the speaker to yell at a robber that you are watching them.

The speaker has a webcam maybe because of motion commands, maybe? lol

I think the speaker on webcam and camera's with speaker is mainly use as a intercom where you can place the webcam on a door, and talk to the person on the door because the webcam has a speaker which let the person near the webcam hear your voice, and you can hear their voice when the person talks near the webcam's microphone.

Webcams with more features like a speaker and built-in LCD probably sell better than basic webcams with similar video recording resolution like 480P, and a basic mono microphone.

But, professionals who want to buy a 4K webcam would most likely buy the best webcam with the best webcam lens and camera lens sensor.

Back