Can I copy my 3ds system files (eshop, saved data) from my computer to my SD card? *Help!

ZombieSlayer9

Awards
Credits
Okay, I recently posted another Topic like this before. For people who have not seen it, just go look at it presumably it's on my profile (I'm new to this). Okay to briefly sum it up: I formatted my system, but backed up my saved data's before hand. The saved data's cannot be retrieved. So I went looking around on my computer to see if I backed up my 3ds system files and it so happened I did. So I'm here to ask, if I format my SD card now, can I copy my old files onto my SD card? Basically can I delete watever is in my SD card currently, copy all the files onto it and will be fine? Or do I need to copy all individual files? Thank you~ :grin:

*If you haven't had this issue like myself yet, I highly suggest you copy your files onto your computer for safe keeping*

Digital copies can possibly be moved around and copied but in a manual I read (XY) if you delete a certain save file it cannot be retrieved. But copying other stuff (Not counting music, photos, videos) may be impossible (or impossible to get back) for Nintendo wants to prevent possible pirating. Copying files worries me.

Okay to be clear anyone, I tried copying the whole thing and didn't work. What you have to do is open up "Nintendo 3DS" And copy the files there, and if it still doesn't work copy the files INSIDE those files and it will work. Thank you Nintendo for being a pain in the ass -_-

Okay to be clear anyone, I tried copying the whole thing and didn't work. What you have to do is open up "Nintendo 3DS" And copy the files there, and if it still doesn't work copy the files INSIDE those files and it will work. Thank you Nintendo for being a pain in the ass -_-

save data and games cannot be transferred to any source outside of with the transfer tool on the 3DS which allows it to be moved to another 3DS. If you moved your data to a PC you corrupted the data regardless as to whether it is a save data or a game. The only things allowed for transfer are media files [basically, anything that would go into you Camera (video and images) or Music folders].

Back