Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
so sad to hear this, but it was meant to happen. Even sucks more that he isn't voicing the latest mario game.

Indeed. Major bummer.

"While Charles is not involved in Super Mario Bros. Wonder or WarioWare: Move It!, we're excited to honor his legacy and contributions, including looking ahead to what he'll be doing as a Mario Ambassador. For the upcoming HD re-release of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, as it is a re-release, Charles’s voice will appear in the game." - Nintendo"

From 1991 to 2023, you have served Mario and Nintendo fans let alone the whole gaming world a service Martinet. We wish him the best of luck on all his future endeavors as a Mario Ambassador.

What if they were using that new Illumination Super Mario Bros. Movie as an outlet to find potential successor voices for Mario and the rest? It'd be funnier if Chris Pratt started voicing Mario in the games, but I doubt it would happen.

He's so iconic but all things need a new light under the sun. Makes me wonder if they will try replacing him with a similar or different voice.

Charles said this:

"I am now, you might have seen the news, I'm a Mario Ambassador, I don't know what that is yet, I'm not retired as it were, but I'm an ambassador and as we step forward into the future I will learn, we'll all learn what exactly that is but in the meantime...I'm always an ambassador of Nintendo and Mario and all of these events because I just cherish every moment of it, and I hope your love of the games continues and grows the way mine does, so thank you so much."

I hope Charles Martinet enjoys his retirement from being the voice actor for Mario.

Oh boy, they got another voice actor to say the same 4 lines Mario has always said the last 2 decades.

Back