froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Researchers from the port city of Tianjin have revealed what they claim is the country's first ever car to be driven without the use of human hands or feet but with a driver still in control. All it takes is some brain power. And some highly specialized equipment, of course.

Mind-reading devices aren't actually new. In fact, many companies and technologies make that claim year after year, but few have actually been able to deliver an actual consumer product, with most successful prototypes designed for therapeutic or medical uses. The theory, however, is the same throughout. Sensors read electroencephalogram or EEG from the wearer's brain. These are then interpolated and interpreted as commands for a computer. In this case, the commands are mapped to car controls.

Read More

I'm not sure if people will trust letting a car company reading their mind...especially if the driver have sensitive secrets like they recently committed a serious crime, or invented something cool which they plan to sell to people.

I do not want to drive with my brain, the idea is neat but I can see a major headache coming from it.

Back