Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just read from Hollywood Reporter:

xs8z5jihogc1li0hnu6p.png

Akiva Schaffer, one-third of Lonely Island along with Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone, has closed a deal to direct the studio’s live-action/CG hybrid take on Rescue Rangers, featuring the classic chipmunk duo.

Plot details for Rangers are being squirreled away, but it will not be an origin story nor detective agency story. Rather, the take is being described as being meta, something self-referential and cool. Dan Gregor and Doug Mand wrote the script.

looks really bad:

"In Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers, Chip and Dale are living amongst cartoons and humans in modern-day Los Angeles, but their lives are quite different now," reads the official trailer description. "When a former cast mate mysteriously disappears, Chip and Dale must repair their broken friendship and take on their Rescue Rangers detective personas once again to save their friend’s life." Given her absence in the trailer, fans assume that the aforementioned cast mate is none other than Gadget Hackwrench, whom fans will undoubtedly recognize from the original animated series.

I watched this show a lot growing up. It wasn't my favorite, but I didn't hate it. I was kind of excited about a movie being made, but my god it looks like traaaaaaaaaaash. In the trailer they said, "Nobody wants a reboot," but I would take a crappy reboot cartoon over whatever the heck this is. It's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Alvin and the Chipmunks live action had a child and it got all the awful from AatC and none of the charm from WFRR. The only joke that was funny in the whole trailer was the CGI surgery joke and it's not even funny it was just dumb enough to get a small laugh from me, but overall I feel like it'll have no bearing to the plot. Like Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers was an adventure show. Heck the main characters dressed like Indiana Jones, which that joke in the movie was also okay, but for the same reason where it was just dumb, and I forget his name, but the main character from some old crime show. There was so much potential for an awesome adventure/crime kind of movie and they chose to do... this.

Okay apparently I'm a lot more upset than I initially thought I was lol.

So they got a Lego set for it because of Disney partnership. Looked at the trailer and I like the 2D with shading look but all these other references and stuff just sound bad aside from Indiana Jones. Like why are there 2D and 3D and is that why they wanted to include other things like MLP? Maybe they are testing with their animation controls or just want it to be the next Space Jam? Not my neck of the woods.

I watched this show a lot growing up. It wasn't my favorite, but I didn't hate it. I was kind of excited about a movie being made, but my god it looks like traaaaaaaaaaash. In the trailer they said, "Nobody wants a reboot," but I would take a crappy reboot cartoon over whatever the heck this is. It's like Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Alvin and the Chipmunks live action had a child and it got all the awful from AatC and none of the charm from WFRR. The only joke that was funny in the whole trailer was the CGI surgery joke and it's not even funny it was just dumb enough to get a small laugh from me, but overall I feel like it'll have no bearing to the plot. Like Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers was an adventure show. Heck the main characters dressed like Indiana Jones, which that joke in the movie was also okay, but for the same reason where it was just dumb, and I forget his name, but the main character from some old crime show. There was so much potential for an awesome adventure/crime kind of movie and they chose to do... this.

Okay apparently I'm a lot more upset than I initially thought I was lol.

Indeed it's a wasted potential. How in the heck Disney go ahead with this.

Indeed it's a wasted potential. How in the heck Disney go ahead with this.
I'm not even sure. Like who is the target demographic for this? I doubt kids or teenagers know the 80's show and anyone mid 20's-early 40's are probably pissed at the bastardization of their beloved childhood kids cartoon, and anyone above the age of 50 probably won't even watch it.

I do for some kind of success so that maybe we will get a proper Chip and Dale movie or a new show.

They posted a new trailer:

Chip N Dale was one of my go to cartoons when I was a child so I'll be watching this on release day.

ugly sonic in the movie lol
ugly-sonic-chip-n-dale.jpg

This just makes me want to see this movie even more, lol.

Dear god why is he even worse looking than his original movie design?! Also we now have four different voice actors who voice some form of Sonic the Hedgehog. :V Anyways I loved this movie, and was surprise to see all the cameos! Of course Ugly Sonic is the highlight of the entire film IMO.

I want a proper new Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers movie and not this junk, though some jokes are quite funny from stuff I read/saw on the net, like the ugly sonic thing. But the MEH parts are just too much for my taste and this is just eeeew MEH overload:

I want a proper new Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers movie and not this junk, though some jokes are quite funny from stuff I read/saw on the net, like the ugly sonic thing. But the MEH parts are just too much for my taste and this is just eeeew MEH overload:
I feel like I'm going to have an out-of-body experience because that's so bland.

Reactions: cm2
Back