froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Google’s Chromium Projects website stated, “All Chromebooks launching in 2017 and after as well as the Chromebooks listed below will work with Android apps in the coming future.” They also posted a bunch of different models from a variety of OEMs such as Acer, ASUS, HP, and Lenovo, just to name a few, all of which will support Android apps.

Read More

Hopefully Android apps would be coming to Chromebooks which are older, and not made in 2017.

I bet, some school's tech department and work places may get orders from their boss disable installing Android apps on Chromebooks, so users don't install Pokemon Go, Clash of Clans, and Candy Crush Sage on Chromebook, and end up not doing school work, or office work.

They can disable it, but easy enough to hack around.

They can disable it, but easy enough to hack around.

I heard Chrome OS can be difficult to hack without if you are using a non-admin regular account because programs like the command line, and installing extensions/add-ons, and apps are disabled on regular non-admin regular accounts.

I guest, user can hack into the admin account with some sort of hacking program, or somehow trick Chrome OS to let you turn your regular account into an admin account where you can do more tasks like use the command line, and install programs and add-ons.

I heard Chrome OS can be difficult to hack without if you are using a non-admin regular account because programs like the command line, and installing extensions/add-ons, and apps are disabled on regular non-admin regular accounts.

I guest, user can hack into the admin account with some sort of hacking program, or somehow trick Chrome OS to let you turn your regular account into an admin account where you can do more tasks like use the command line, and install programs and add-ons.

there is all kinds of hacking programs out there. If nothing else they could open it and just swap harddrives.

there is all kinds of hacking programs out there. If nothing else they could open it and just swap harddrives.

I think a lot of Chromebooks have the Flash Memory SSD chip installed on the motherboard, and you need to use a heat gun or soldering iron to remove it. But, some Chromebooks use a SSD card which you stick into a slot on the motherboard.

If you can hack into the admin account if you are not using an admin account, it is possible to install an alternative operating system on the internal drive, an external SD card, or USB drive on a Chromebook.

I know on some tablets like older Barnes and Noble Nook tablets, you can insert a special SD card onto the SD slot to run a custom version of Android from the SD card.

I think a lot of Chromebooks have the Flash Memory SSD chip installed on the motherboard, and you need to use a heat gun or soldering iron to remove it. But, some Chromebooks use a SSD card which you stick into a slot on the motherboard.

If you can hack into the admin account if you are not using an admin account, it is possible to install an alternative operating system on the internal drive, an external SD card, or USB drive on a Chromebook.

I know on some tablets like older Barnes and Noble Nook tablets, you can insert a special SD card onto the SD slot to run a custom version of Android from the SD card.

People are getting more and more skilled that they could swap out anything.

Back