Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Activision has announced Call of Duty Elite is shutting down at the end of the week, on Friday February 28.

The service, which tracks stats for the likes of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Call of Duty: Black Ops II, was in the process of being phased out in favour of the Clan Wars system for Call of Duty: Ghosts.

In an FAQ, Activision clarified Elite would not be returning, and the plan was for the current Call of Duty app to replace it. It writes,

"There are no plans to bring Call of Duty Elite back. We encourage fans to download the Call of Duty app for Call of Duty: Ghosts, which allows players to customise their multiplayer character and weapons loadouts on the go, keep track of their Call of Duty: Ghosts stats, and features Call of Duty Clan Wars, where players can compete for cool, exclusive in-game gear."

Elite originally launched in 2011 in free and premium versions, with the latter offering monthly DLC, competitions and more. At one stage the service reportedly had 10 million sign ups, with 2 million paying users. Just before the release of Black Ops II, however, Activision voiced its intent to make the service completely free and instead offer map packs separately.
source

I tried to use this for video upload, never got it to work.

Hmm I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing from what I did play of MW3's multiplayer (made by sledgehammer) it wasn't the best. Felt a little generic and really weird spawn glitches and quite a few bugs. But I may have hope for the COD franchise with the new 3 year development strategy finally COD devs are getting the message that copy/paste yearly titles are stupid

Back