College is a scam

fantanoice said:
It's not even difficult to implement, you just raise taxes a few dollars. (Inb4 nooooo taxes). It's better than having thousands of people not in the workforce being tens / hundreds of thousands in debt.

Australia does it and had demonstrated that it works.

Education and good health should definitely be avaliable to all, not just the privileged.
I wholeheartedly agree; it's not taxes that are so daunting, it's inflation.

fantanoice said:
It's not even difficult to implement, you just raise taxes a few dollars. (Inb4 nooooo taxes). It's better than having thousands of people not in the workforce being tens / hundreds of thousands in debt.

Australia does it and had demonstrated that it works.

Education and good health should definitely be avaliable to all, not just the privileged.
I agree with this.  Education is a worthwhile investment that society, as a whole, should contribute to.  There are countries with similar policies in place that let students essentially get their higher education for free or highly reduced costs.

I think it's Germany that has a system in place where roughly half of the students who finish their basic education go on to college, while the other half enter into the workforce as interns, apprentices, and the like, based on what their course of study was in the last several years of school.  I've heard that it's a pretty decent system.

My program that is already paid for cost me $120,000.00 and my wife's as well. We are both in our third year now. However, along with my IT degree program, I am studying things through Code Academy as well as being taught by other forum owners on other sites how to use certain coding languages and programs.

You know it just sucks, you get one life to be a kid and you pretty much have to spend it to get good grades to get a free college trip. Then you just spend all your time studying for a dragging adult life.

Life needs a overhaul so badly it's not even funny.

polaroidsredwine said:
I agree with this.  Education is a worthwhile investment that society, as a whole, should contribute to.  There are countries with similar policies in place that let students essentially get their higher education for free or highly reduced costs.

I think it's Germany that has a system in place where roughly half of the students who finish their basic education go on to college, while the other half enter into the workforce as interns, apprentices, and the like, based on what their course of study was in the last several years of school.  I've heard that it's a pretty decent system.
I agree that more education should be spent on and I would be happy to pay more in taxes if I knew that it was going toward education.. but the thing is, I know that it won't. Not as long as there are political groups and parties that are hellbent on getting rid of education in lieu of military spending and religious based endeavors.

If you live on the other side of the Atlantic or the Pacific and it seems like Americans are getting dumber, it is because they are. Some states here are so poorly educated compared to others, that they are literally stuck in the past and are slowly moving backwards.. you'd forget that these states were even apart of the U.S. And with the Voting Rights Act being dead, you can expect it to get worse, probably at a faster rate than it is now.

I wish I had company who oppose the government's grip on education in the forum world, as it is an inherently tyrannical practice.

Oh well.

Back