Companies put LCD screens in things like speakers to make users replace products more often?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there are companies which put LCD screens in products like smart speakers, fridges, etc, so more users would need to replace the whole product like smart speaker or fridge once the touchscreen breaks, and they can't easily find a replacement LCD or the repair cost a lot of money like most appliance repairs which can cost over $100. The cost of replacement parts like a LCD screen for a fridge may cost a lot as well.

There are also some users who may buy a new product with a bigger screen, and a higher screen resolution like 4K to replace their old product like a tablet, fridge, or car with a smaller touchscreen with a lower screen resolution like 800x600 pixels, or no touchscreen like most older style fridges, speakers, and desktop computers which don't have built-in screens.

Jokes on them, I'm not big on products like these, specially a smart fridge. I don't see myself ever owning one.

Jokes on them, I'm not big on products like these, specially a smart fridge. I don't see myself ever owning one.

I also don't want a smart fridge which has a touchscreen. A screen just seems like another part to break, use more electricity when plugged in, and electrocute fridge users or start an electrical fire if it overheats or short circuits from water or moisture getting into the touchscreen or computer which connects to the screen.

The heat from the touchscreen and computer may make the fridge work slightly harder at cooling the fridge, so the fridge may not last as long, and use more power.

I also don't want a smart fridge which has a touchscreen. A screen just seems like another part to break, use more electricity when plugged in, and electrocute fridge users or start an electrical fire if it overheats or short circuits from water or moisture getting into the touchscreen or computer which connects to the screen.

The heat from the touchscreen and computer may make the fridge work slightly harder at cooling the fridge, so the fridge may not last as long, and use more power.

I doubt the screen would be even close as hot as the motor that runs in most fridges.

I doubt the screen would be even close as hot as the motor that runs in most fridges.

I agree, the screens would not be as hot as the motor. But, if the motor fails, and the screen is always powered ON, your food may spoi and warm upl faster if the heat from the screen is enough to melt the ice in the freezer faster.

Back