froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

There have been many versions of Counter-Strike that have been released over the years, but safe to say that many veterans are probably reminiscing about one of the “original” versions of the game, which is Counter-Strike 1.6. Now if you did grow up playing that version of Counter-Strike, how about playing it on your phone?

Yup, you read that right, it seems that Counter-Strike 1.6 is now playable on Android devices. Before you get too excited, this is not an official version of the game that Valve has released. It isn’t a recreation of the game either, but rather this is the actual game itself which has been brought over onto Android thanks to developer Alibek Omarov.

Read More

Counter Strike 1.6 seems to play pretty well on Google Android.

I agree playing CS 1.6 on a tablet would be better than a smartphone. I think CS would be best for Android consoles like the Ouya, Nvidia Shield TV, and Razer's Android Forge TV console.

I agree with froggyboy604 froggyboy604 . This would a great game to play on an Android-based console. CS on a small screen seems pretty difficult to play.

I think Android based computers will also be good for playing CS. CS game looks like it is easiest to play with a keyboard, mouse, controller, joystick,or physical controller.

not bad, but I would need a controller.

not bad, but I would need a controller.

Same, I would want to use a controller as well.

But, having touchscreen controls can be good if you just want to quickly play a short single player game of Counter Strike where you shot bots, but don't want to take out your controller from your bag.

Yep, I also think that it kind of isn't great on such a small screen. And also I don't like the controls for these games, because you will lose even more vision, but that's the problem with combining a touchscreen with such a game. A tablet would maybe make the experience a bit better, but even then, I would 99.9% rather play the PC version of it. Maybe the experience is much better on a console like some have suggested, but I don't like the idea of Counterstrike on a console in general.

These are exciting news,but I don't think it will be played by many people.Shooters on mobile feel really bad in my opinion.I would be interested to try it but I don't think I would stick with it

Play Store has one of those games which is based on Counter Strike, by the name of Critical Strike. I thought you were speaking about that, but seems like it's the real deal after all.
I didn't really like Critical Strike, because the gameplay is quite clunky and the game is quite static as compared to CS.
I will try this implementation for sure, and hope it works just as well on my mobile.

Play Store has one of those games which is based on Counter Strike, by the name of Critical Strike. I thought you were speaking about that, but seems like it's the real deal after all.
I didn't really like Critical Strike, because the gameplay is quite clunky and the game is quite static as compared to CS.
I will try this implementation for sure, and hope it works just as well on my mobile.

I played Critical Strike on Android. It was okay, but I wish there were more levels, and weapon types.

I played Critical Strike on Android. It was okay, but I wish there were more levels, and weapon types.

Did you try playing online? There are a decent number of custom maps online including copies of de_dust2 and $1000$
I do have to agree about the guns though.

Back