Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Xbox one is due to release in another month, so is your thoughts on the Xbox one still positive?

Mine is still very positive, although I won't be getting it just yet, but that's nothing to do with the product itself or even the price.

I still feel uneasy after the wild backpedal, so I will wait a good while after is out before I re-consider if I should buy it. That aside, it is good that incident is behind them and things are looking brighter. I hope they have a good catalogue that can push me in favour. Microsoft is the only I haven't tried so it'd be nice to finally give it a go.

When they first announced it I was negative to be honest however the more I have seen the more it has swayed me and I am more positive now for this release even though I am unable to afford it on release.

Yes my thoughts are positive i am just not looking forward to the price but i am wondering how long i will wait till the Xbox One drops in price

They never were. :p They still haven't improved. I doubt they will until after I can actually see it in person. 

I'm still worried.

While microsoft back-pedalled for now, knowing them they are not going to let this go.
I think that within the life of the xbox one we likely will see those restrictions reimposed. They'll probably be put in slower to give people time to groan/complain and then suck it up and get used to it before they slide the next one in. Likely finishing with the always online requirement for the next generation.

I also think that microsoft has really been rushing this console. (Reports that they changed the hardware, upping the clock speeds, only a few months prior to when the system would be shipping? Not really a good sign. ) And I'm not sure that they're really ready yet. I get the impression they were expecting to beat Sony to launch by a good 4-6 months, but they missed the mark on how far along Sony was. (So they had to rush to catch up.)

The Xbox One seems like a faster version of the Xbox 360 with a few extra features.

I've never really been interested in the Xbox in general, ever since the original.  Halo held my interest for the first game, but I played that on the PC.  I'm curious about Fable, but not enough to buy a whole console for.  The rest of the exclusives for the Xbox don't appeal to me at all.  

I'll be using the Wii U and PS4 for my next gen gaming.

I think it's also because I don't like Microsoft personally.  Ever since I was a teen, I'm just jealous of how rich Bill Gates is and Microsoft has enough money without my help.  This reason takes a back seat though =P

Sanaki said:
I can not like something or dislike a console, can I
not...?
Not these dumb responses again.

It was a simple question as to what you don't like about the Xbox One. Basically if someone doesn't like something then they always have a reason why they don't like it. You claimed you don't see the point in spending money on something you don't like so I simply asked you why you don't like it.

If you are not prepared to say why you don't like it then don't bother saying you don't like it if you're going to be arsy with your response.

It's entirely possibly to dislike a console, though in most cases there is some underlying reason why you don't like it.

Things like: 
- The company it's made by (maybe their business practices anger you. Or the arrogance they display. Like with microsoft how they tried to enforce DRM on the xbox one and act like they were doing nothing wrong, then when they 180'd they took the sole good/interesting feature as a "well, you don't want to play our way then we'll take our toys and go home" type thing.)
- The features (or lackthereof in some cases) of the console.
- The exclusive titles not appealing to you.
- The feel of the controller (only applies after you've had a chance to try it).
- The hardware choices/decisions made in the console. (Like for microsoft how the xbox one has a 500GB non-replaceable hard drive. Some people may hate that because they love putting bigger drives in to store all their games/movies/music/etc...)
- The look of the console itself. (Although this is somewhat of a petty reason...)
- Some combination of the above.

They only wanted to know what about the xbox one you disliked.

GamerPerfection said:
Not these dumb responses again.

It was a simple question as to what you don't like about the Xbox One. Basically if someone doesn't like something then they always have a reason why they don't like it. You claimed you don't see the point in spending money on something you don't like so I simply asked you why you don't like it.

If you are not prepared to say why you don't like it then don't bother saying you don't like it if you're going to be arsy with your response.
Anyways: because it's an Xbox. I've never played an Xbox before, so why would I even like it? (As I'm supposing you didn't read my answer to you in another thread in which you've asked me the same thing).

Sanaki said:
Anyways: because it's an Xbox. I've never played an Xbox before, so why would I even like it? (As I'm supposing you didn't read my answer to you in another thread in which you've asked me the same thing).
If you say you've never played an Xbox before so why would you even like it.... then answer me this..... if you've never played an Xbox before then why would you even not like it?

You can't say "how can you say you like something you've never tried" when you go and say you don't like it when you've never tried it.

GamerPerfection said:
If you say you've never played an Xbox before so why would you even like it.... then answer me this..... if you've never played an Xbox before then why would you even not like it?

You can't say "how can you say you like something you've never tried" when you go and say you don't like it when you've never tried it.
Now, what would make me like it if I've never tried it? Eh?
I'm not even interested in trying it.

So my question here is: why would I even bother with something I never wanted in the first place and would never play with...?
That'd be a waste of cash no...?

And you don't seem to realize that some people can not like what you like?

I'm with GP on this Sanaki, your posts are not making sense and seriously are some kind of puzzled reply which some how get further away from the subject with each reply.

Since you never own a Xbox you can not like it nor hate it,

Sanaki said:
No, I won't be getting it as I'm not seeing the point
to spend money on something I don't like.
So since you never tried it the only logical answer is you don't like a features on the system and what feature of the Xbox series don't you like? The console? the games? The answer should be more simple than the posts so far.

Sanaki said:
Now, what would make me like it if I've never tried it? Eh?
I'm not even interested in trying it.

So my question here is: why would I even bother with something I never wanted in the first place and would never play with...?
That'd be a waste of cash no...?

And you don't seem to realize that some people can not like what you like?
Your last sentence is laughable. No where in this thread or on this forum have I shown that I don't realise people can not like what I do like. I know loads of people that don't like gaming and I accept that. What you don't seem to realise is that you aren't reading what I ask properly.

Let's go through it again.... christ I feel like i'm teaching pre-pre-pre-infant school here.

You said you don't see the point in spending money on something you "don't like". That is ok. BUT what I asked is WHY you don't like the Xbox. It was NOT a personal attack, it was a SIMPLE question. Fact is, if it was not me that asked it then you would have answered it properly because I do think you are capable of answering a question.

You then said that you've never played an Xbox before so why would you even like it. I then asked you why would you even NOT like it if you haven't played it before.

You have also said you like gaming, and you've also shown an interest in the PS4, so clearly gaming is not the reason why you don't like the Xbox. So all I wanted to know in this RELEVANT Xbox One thread is why you don't like the Xbox. You have given no answer as to why you don't like it. All you have done is acted as if i'm attacking you.

You have a habit of making a simple thread and discussion into a 5 course over-cooked meal.

Back