Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Unlike the game, do not avert your eyes from this article.

Game Informer associate editor Liana Ruppert reported yesterday that she suffered a grand mal seizure while playing a review copy of Cyberpunk 2077, due to the game’s use of various flashing visual effects. She wrote an article for the site advising players on how to avoid similar experiences, which in some rare instances can be life threatening.

The game’s EULA does include a seizure warning but does not appear when regularly booting up the game.

CD Projekt Red publicly acknowledged the issues in a tweet this afternoon, stating that it is working on adding a separate warning aside from the one that appears in the EULA. “Regarding a more permanent solution, Dev team is currently exploring that and will be implementing it as soon as possible,” the studio wrote. The company did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Sounds like that game delay wasn't long enough.

It's kind of crazy that they put it in and no one noticed how much of a problem it was going to be. Seems like the game was rushed to launch even with the delays

Hopefully, Cyberpunk 2077 can fix the game, so it does not cause seizures. I feel there needs to be a seizure warning on the game, so people are who suffer from seizures won't play the game for now.

Hopefully, Cyberpunk 2077 can fix the game, so it does not cause seizures. I feel there needs to be a seizure warning on the game, so people are who suffer from seizures won't play the game for now.

they can't fix it, well they could but it mess a lot of stuff up. They just need to put up the proper warnings.

they can't fix it, well they could but it mess a lot of stuff up. They just need to put up the proper warnings.

Maybe making a custom optional setting or skin/theme for disabling the flashing visual effects in the game can help reduce the chances of a seizure suffering person of getting a seizure when playing the game, or watching someone play the game at home or on Twitch and YouTube.

I got a feeling some people, who suffer from seizures, may get a seizure watching a trailer for this game, so all game videos should have a seizure warning if they want to keep people safe from seizures.

They have to fix it because it stops people from playing the game. A warning isn't going to be sufficient tbh

I really thought this was going to be the worst thing they did but I guess not lol

They toned it down, which isn't the fix it needs.

At least, it is toned down before Christmas, so there would be fewer seizures from some people with seizure medical problems who decide to play the game after receiving it as a Christmas gift from their family and friends.

There is going to be a lot of disappointment if people get it as a Christmas gift. You want a game that is ready then and there, not something you have to wait to be fixed.

There is going to be a lot of disappointment if people get it as a Christmas gift. You want a game that is ready then and there, not something you have to wait to be fixed.
Yeah. I'd hate if anyone got me this, especially PS4/Xbox One version.

I feel a lot of people will be disappointed by this games problems after getting this game as a Christmas gift.

Hopefully, most of the problems with this game will be fixed before the New Year.

I feel a lot of people will be disappointed by this games problems after getting this game as a Christmas gift.

Hopefully, most of the problems with this game will be fixed before the New Year.
I think the hotfix they released recently fixed a few issues but the major stuff might take a long time. It's not just the bugs either, a lot of major things like the AI need to be fixed but those are going to take months and months to sort out.

Yeah, they are slowly starting to release hotfixes, so hopefully we'll see it improve over the next few weeks!

Back