Daily commute limit for you

This is rather paranoid.
Yes, most of the world have no checks like these, but it's really not all as dangerous as you describe it.

I've been depending on train, metro, bus, and even tram transport for most of my life, and the worst experience I've ever had was when I was travelling while a group of football hooligans screaming and spreading beer all over the train for the entirety of the trip have boarded as well.
Then the conductor came in to scan everybody's train passes, and decided to scream along once he got to the hooligans. (・_・)

But fortunately, this was the only bad experience with public transportation, and I've never seen anyone bringing anything dangerous to any of these.

There is a rare chances of being attacked by on public transportation or even in a car with another person in it. I saw News stories of people being attacked while riding a bus, train and taxi. There were a few news stories about terrorist attacks on buses, trains and stations.

I once saw an angry passenger hit a bus driver while he was driving. It could of been dangerous if the bus driver accidentally turned the steering wheel or the passenger fell on the steering wheel and turned the wheel toward oncoming traffic or the sidewalk which may cause the bus to run over someone, or hit something large like a tree.

Passenger accidents inside a train like someone accidentally spilling hot coffee on someone's head while riding on a train, or bus can sometimes happen. In America, where there are many gun owners who carry around a gun in their pocket or coat pocket, the chance of being accidentally shot by a gun while on a bus or train with many riders can randomly happen.

Passenger accidents inside a train like someone accidentally spilling hot coffee on someone's head while riding on a train, or bus can sometimes happen. In America, where there are many gun owners who carry around a gun in their pocket or coat pocket, the chance of being accidentally shot by a gun while on a bus or train with many riders can randomly happen.
Yea, the whole gun owners part is the very reason I've never visited North America before. (;^ω^)

Yea, the whole gun owners part is the very reason I've never visited North America before. (;^ω^)

I also feel irresponsible gun owners are one of the reasons people feel unsafe in North America. Criminals like drug dealers and robbers in North America who use a gun to commit crimes. I read a few news stories of crazy people in North America like college shooters who had a lot of past anger problems, but still can legally buy a gun which they use to shoot people at school or a movie theater.

if you do visit, just avoid any shady areas.

Unfortunately, crazy gun shootings can happen in less shady areas like at school or a concert because there are crazy gun owners who should not be allowed to legally own a gun because of their anger and poor judgement problems. But, there are crazy people who legally own a gun because they did not tell the gun licensing office that they are too crazy to responsibly use a gun. Some crazy people can be too crazy to know that it is unsafe for crazy people like themselves to own a gun.

I think the shady areas may have more crazy shootings as well because more people may own a gun to protect themselves from criminals, and shady poor areas may have no mental hospital to treat people with mental health problems like anger and drug addiction problems which can lead to more crazy shootings and random shooting when they had too many drugs.

Easier said than done if you're coming from a very different continent. 草

I think it can also be difficult for North Americans to know which places are less safe from gun violence in North America. I saw on the news today that a shooter used a gun to randomly kill 4 people at a waffle house in the city of Nashville in the US according to Police search for Waffle House shooting suspect after 4 killed, 3 injured | CBC News

Most people don't expect to be a victim of a shooting by a shooter while eating at a waffle house.

I think it can also be difficult for North Americans to know which places are less safe from gun violence in North America. I saw on the news today that a shooter used a gun to randomly kill 4 people at a waffle house in the city of Nashville in the US according to Police search for Waffle House shooting suspect after 4 killed, 3 injured | CBC News

Most people don't expect to be a victim of a shooting by a shooter while eating at a waffle house.
I understand that very well, but in my case I live in a country where arms are entirely prohibited.
It results in 0 deaths from shootings, but at the same time it results in people panicking to death when somebody with a gun is next to them, no matter if it's being used or just carried around.

Oh my God... Seriously?
I never thought it was that bad.. May be they are just posing....
I only know it from photos like these, which are all over the place on the internet.
But I've never been in India myself before, so if you say this is not true, I'll take your word for it.

I understand that very well, but in my case I live in a country where arms are entirely prohibited.
It results in 0 deaths from shootings, but at the same time it results in people panicking to death when somebody with a gun is next to them, no matter if it's being used or just carried around.

I only know it from photos like these, which are all over the place on the internet.
But I've never been in India myself before, so if you say this is not true, I'll take your word for it.
Well, I am not so sure either, as I haven't boarded any train for a long time now. I have heard that they are cheap but that's about it.
I kinda hate train journey

The popularity of guns in North America can be scary for people who never seen a gun. It can be scary to see law enforcement officers who don't wear uniforms carrying a gun since they can be mistaken for a crazed shooter by tourist who are unaware that there are plain clothes police officers with guns.

Websites like YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook also has a lot of posts on gun violence, and protests to stop shootings in North America. I can see how internet users from countries with very little gun violence are more likely to see North America as a continent where gun violence is very common, and people always need to stay alert, and hopefully, not get shot by a criminal, crazed shooter, or accidental shootings from the police shooting the wrong criminal, or a kid playing with their parents' gun.

I just travel about 20 to 30 kilometers a day and that's the max. I live in a small city and I really like it here because the distances of major places aren't really that far as compared to metropolitan cities that have far distances, and more traffics too especially in the morning and afternoon. I take my car , a 1300 that consumes almost 14 to a litter, so I just gas up a hundred and fifty pesos and that could already take me for a day and a half.

From where I am, daily commute to work is a feat on its own. People spend more time in travelling to and from work than their hour lunches.
So glad I'm usually home, where I work. But this is only after 12 years of working, and yes, daily commute.
They say no pain, no gain. :)

Well right now I have 16.5 something Kilometer from my home to my college, it isn't actually that far it only takes usually about 40 - 60 minutes of commute but man the traffic especially when I;m caught in the rush hour where the office and school dismissal ties just converge and the traffic really gets congested, that is what I hate the usual 40 minutes of travel become 3 hours of hell, no joke I rode on my transport about 5:30 pm then got caught in the rush hour and eventually got home about 9 or 8:40 pm, but honestly I prefer, a maximum of 25 kilometer, cause I really want time to relax at my home.

I walk to and from work so is that even considered commuting? It's almost a thirty minute walk one way so it's not really that tiring. I like walking since it's a form of exercise for me. I do need to shed a few pounds so that's like hitting two birds with one stone. Needless to say, I save a lot of money as well!

But isn't you are more vulnerable in riding trains? as there are lot of people who pickpocket.
I think this is rather a blanket statement.
Here in Japan you have 90% chance to be in a crowded train, and nobody is there to pickpocket anyone.
But that might be because this is simply a very safe country.

But even in the most pickpocket-happy places of Europe I've never experienced a single moment something would get stolen, and I've been in lots of European countries and its cities before.

Back