Dark or light mode on forums

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Staff member
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Username Style
Which do you prefer more when you're browsing your favorite forums? Do you prefer light mode? Or do you like it dim and dark.

Me, I like dark mode because the screen isnt blasting me in the face with a white background.

I prefer light mode. I think dark mode looks tacky a lot of the time. Anyone complaining about their eyes hurting from light mode should turn down their brightness.

Light mode for me. But Dark mode has some charm when I have no lights on in the dark beside a screen.

dark mode, easy on the eyes I guess?

I like the Light mode. I’ve tried the Dark but it hurts my eyes. I’m always curious why people choose one over the other? Is there anybody who is fine with both themes equally?

I like the Light mode. I’ve tried the Dark but it hurts my eyes. I’m always curious why people choose one over the other? Is there anybody who is fine with both themes equally?
When people are given a choice, they like to get overly dramatic over their choices. There’s also something called choice supportive bias where people over inflate positive rational over the choice they made, and are overly negative towards choices they didn’t make.

Essentially the person thinks saying “I thought it looked cool” is too simple of an answer, so they look for reasons after they made their decision. For example, you bought some t-shirt because you thought it looked cool, and then after you brought it home, you then try to convince yourself (or others) “oh, I bought this shirt because of the material, and oh, it has nice stitching on the collar, and etc etc”.

Another point is a lot of these folks also have their screens on max brightness, and that’s why the bright themes hurt their eyes. So instead of turning down the brightness, they use dark mode. Extra points if they’re in a dimly lit room.

Last edited:
I'm using Gaminglatest on Dark theme. I prefer dark theme over light theme because of how shouty light themes are to my eyes.

Back