Dark Souls Remastered - Before You Buy

This is the rage quitter game right?

I only played Bloodborne, people keep suggesting me to get onto the Souls series, I didn't know that Dark Soul have remastered. Dark Souls looks a lot friendlier than Bloodborne, less bloody and creepy.

I'm a hardcore Dark Souls fan (seriously, it's my favorite video game series next to Metal Gear Solid) so I picked up Dark Souls Remastered the day of release. The first Dark Souls is my favorite in the whole series, so I was super excited to see it get a remaster. Dark Souls 3 wasn't as good as 1, but the physics engine and visuals were absolutely fantastic. I couldn't wait to see the first game playing on the same engine.

Insert sad trombone from The Price is Right.

What is Dark Souls Remastered? The same game, on the same engine, just with a bumped up resolution and FPS. Is it better than the DSfix mod that does (almost) the same thing for free? Yes. Should it be considered a remaster? No. Even as a hardcore Souls fan, I feel this isn't worthy of the term "remaster." All this is to me is a patched version of the original. The best thing that came out of the remaster was the revitalized online community, but the updated resolution and FPS are just a bonus.

And yet despite my criticism, I still logged more than 150 hours since release.

For me it worth picking it up dark souls remastered is a brilliant game and one can play it with stability. A game that the experience is built around tensions though this looks an aging game but it has a matching graphics which is good by my own standard.

I can't even get past the Asylum Monster in the first Dark Souls. This is such a hard game, but it is entertaining. I watch Pewds play this and he rages every time haha.

This is the rage quitter game right?
lol, yes. I quit 3 three times over a period of 6 months until I finally decided to conquer this beast. And. I. Got. Gud.

I only played Bloodborne, people keep suggesting me to get onto the Souls series, I didn't know that Dark Soul have remastered. Dark Souls looks a lot friendlier than Bloodborne, less bloody and creepy.
lol, prepare to die. A lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back