Dead L Button..

Sollux

twinArmageddons
Awards
Credits
• My 3DS is almost a year old, and my L button stopped working today....I noticed right when I couldn't use an Item in Mario Kart 7. I even tried it in other apps such as Nintendo 3DS Sound to make sure that it really wasn't working.

• So, any recommendations on what I should do? I'm kinda considering sending my 3DS to a game store as they have repaired my DSi's R button before. But it's much more reliable to send it to Nintendo, but will take more time for my 3DS to return. IDK if the warranty is still valid on it though..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoh should probably send it to nintendo. No big games coming out in a while.

My r button for kg DSi and DS Lite isn't always working..

My DS Lite had pretty messed up L and R buttons...when they stopped working I'd just move them around a bit...not pressing them but moving them every other direction they could easily move in...after a time they both started working again. Unfortunately the 3DS L and R buttons aren't quite as mobile, so I'm not sure if that'll work on them...still worth a try.

Did you registered your 3DS? It will extend your system's warranty. I recommend you send it to nintendo.

This happened to me after the Twinrova fight in OoT. It didn't work properly for ages, but the I dropped the 3DS and it started working again...
But, I'd say your local game store would kmow what to do. If you send it away to Nintendo you might miss Kid Icarus Uprising!
biggrin.gif

I don't have much experience at fixing stuff, but at least you can use the X button to replace L in MK7.

• I just remembered that having it repaired at the game store may cost $50, as I remember my DSi's repair actually costed that much just to repair the R button. So, I decided to have my 3DS sent in. I contacted them, and they said it's still under warranty, the repair will be for free. They told me that the warranty will be extended for one more year, and it will be under technical supervision. I'll probably send my 3DS tomorrow.

• ..They also mentioned that my 3DS may have more Miis in the Mii Plaza while it is there too. Lols.

• As for Kid Icarus, I can wait, as I've done the same for White...got it on release date, but didn't play it until I got my 3DS.

I have a friend that works in Luna Games shop. Oddly enough we had this L button conversation like 2 days ago cause supposively a 3rd party 3DS case pushes it down! Anyways, he said a customer came in with a dead L button. I suggested blowing under the L button(kinda like the GBAs, it magically fixes it). He said it didnt work, they had to open the 3DS up, and fix whatever caused it.

I would send it in, or give it to a local game store owner who fixes hardware.

Back