Decent Screen Capture Device?

NintendoChannel

And here we are!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I have heard of the "El Gatos" and the... well that's pretty much it lol. So I'm not well versed in the arts of... screen capture knowledge?? Also, I am not rich and I am not patient either so please no " here's one I found for $£$£$£239,479" lol

P.S - Could you specify what platforms any capture device might support? Saves me asking like a dummy lol.

what systems did you want to capture gaming videos on?

"El Gatos"
Yea, I really like Spanish cats too. (・∀・)

But on a more serious note, Elgato is actually one of the better capture cards for consoles I ever used.
I used a Roxio before, and I've got trouble with audio all the time (background noise, left audio channel only, and sometimes even out of sync audio too).
Before that, I had some kind of EzCapUSB.
Worked fine for component cable consoles, but it was horribly out of sync, and naturally had a terrible video quality.

And it doesn't really cost $£$£$£239,479.
I bought mine (60 FPS version) for only 179 EUR for one unit at the time, I bought 2 of those.

what systems did you want to capture gaming videos on?
I had the Wii and Gamecube in mind. I'm interested to see what you might suggest from that.

Yea, I really like Spanish cats too. (・∀・)

But on a more serious note, Elgato is actually one of the better capture cards for consoles I ever used.
I used a Roxio before, and I've got trouble with audio all the time (background noise, left audio channel only, and sometimes even out of sync audio too).
Before that, I had some kind of EzCapUSB.
Worked fine for component cable consoles, but it was horribly out of sync, and naturally had a terrible video quality.

And it doesn't really cost $£$£$£239,479.
I bought mine (60 FPS version) for only 179 EUR for one unit at the time, I bought 2 of those.
Ahh Ok :) Thanks so much! Are there any specific versions of Elgato that you might recommend?

I would recommend the HD60 one for recording, or HD60 S for live streaming.
However, since you just confirmed you wanted to do Wii and Gamecube games, both just got out of the question.

On a more positive note, component or composite capture cards nowadays are much cheaper, but I wouldn't really know which one I would recommend you.

I would recommend the HD60 one for recording, or HD60 S for live streaming.
However, since you just confirmed you wanted to do Wii and Gamecube games, both just got out of the question.

On a more positive note, component or composite capture cards nowadays are much cheaper, but I wouldn't really know which one I would recommend you.
No this is great, because I am up for PC games too. So thanks a lot! ^_^

PC games don't require a hardware capture card.
I know there's Bandicam and FRAPS on Windows (both are not free, but are cheap enough to not bother to pirate), and on Linux we have SimpleScreenRecorder.
Mac users can just use QuickTime X, that comes with macOS by default.

Back