Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from IGN:

Irdeto revealed that TraceMark for Games is a new watermark technology that lets developers add a unique ID to game files. This special marking will, in turn, allow developers to track down where the leaked content originated from and, Irdeto claimed, should discourage leakers from leaking sensitive information. The marking can be visible or invisible, but the invisible watermark is more interesting as developers can hide the watermark technology with leakers, unaware that it is present.

Irdeto noted that the tool is designed to "secure the environment around game development, particularly during the crucial pre-release phase," such as game developers looking to hold beta tests or send out review copies to content creators, influencers, and press. For additional security measures, Irdeto confirmed that TraceMark could be combined with Denuvo's Anti-temper product, allowing studios "to control distribution" of content ahead of its release date.

"With the launch of TraceMark for Gaming, we are setting a new standard in anti-piracy for the gaming industry," Irdeto SVP of New Markets Niels Haverkorn said. "This innovative solution not only marks a significant milestone for Irdeto but also represents a leap forward in protecting the creative and financial investments of game developers worldwide.

"At Irdeto, we understand the unique challenges faced by the gaming community, and TraceMark is our commitment to ensuring that these valuable assets are safeguarded throughout their lifecycle. We are excited to see the positive impact this will have on the industry."

I hope that the rhyme is an intended joke, and not a coincidence! Oh, that's not what's it's called? My mistake!

I remember Pirate Software mentioning Keymailer because if a key gets into the wrong hands he can just destroy that copy at will.

the leaker can always use VPN to mask their IP address like the 4chan leakers and will have to post the stuff first in order to be detected so the leak will still be out in the wild lol

Back