Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Just saw the new trailer, looks promising, Desperados I and II were cool party based real time strategy games back then like commandos only it's in the wild west:

Dualshockers had a hands on with the game. So it's a prequel story instead of a sequel. It looks and sounds good so far:

Desperados-3-1.jpg

As Desperados III is a prequel to Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, the first mission follows a young John Cooper as he attempts to prove himself to his father.

The level took place following a massive shoot out on the train as Doc and John Cooper attempt to take the tank engine over to get to a nearby town. Doc differs in playstyle from John Cooper as he has a bag that will distract low tier enemies and scoped gun with a long range. While the train served as a throughline, this level was much more open ended than the tutorial level and showed me the potential the final games later scenarios could have.

This level is also where Desperados III’s Showdown mechanic really started to shine. Players can activate this mode to stop time and assign actions to all characters in their squad before they all pull them off at the same time. If planned efficiently, this can either get players out of a tricky situation quickly or take out an entire squad of enemies stealthy before a quarrel even starts. This is possible with one character, but is much more satisfying with two. It also allows players to pull off many of the aforementioned badass moments players associate with westerns and will likely see a lot of deep tactical use within the game’s hardcore community.

Doc McCoy and John Cooper were eventually able to clear the tracks and get to where the needed to go. While this is where my demo ended, it definitely got me excited for the full game. While Desperados III looks like it will satiate the needs of both series fans and those looking for a strategy game set in a unique era, I was even more shocked by how well the game played on a controller. Console releases are usually the bane of strategy games, but this seems like it will not be the case due to an intuitive control scheme that takes advantage of both sticks and has a button to center the camera.

While other western games like Red Dead Redemption 2 typically lean into the more action heavy portion of how people see the wild west in the modern era, Desperados III instead leans into a much more methodical and badass approach to wild west. The western setting also helps Desperados III stand out among its 2019 strategy game contemporaries.

Just a beta gameplay video:

Saw Doc McCoy Trailer:

Game will launch on June 16 2020 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC :

Saw Hector Trailer:

Saw a new trailer:

Kate O' Hara Trailer:

Saw demo play video:

Reviews of the game are great so far. Saw story and gameplay videos myself. Main Characters are still great, John, Kate and Doc stay true to the original games' characterizations, John's backstory, Kate's backstory are revealed and how John first met Kate, the start of their ship lol the wild west wedding mission thing looks great. The other new main characters are great as well.

First story dlc trailer:

Desperados III downloadable content “Money for the Vultures – Part 1: Late to the Party” will launch for all platforms on September 2, publisher THQ Nordic and developer Mimimi Games announced.

“Money for the Vultures – Part 1: Late to the Party” is the first of three missions included in the Season Pass. The missions follow the story of a new adventure set after the events of the main game.

Back