Devil May Cry Anime Series Coming to Netflix

NameGervin

Full GL Member
Credits
An anime adaptation of Devil May Cry is coming to Netflix. The news comes from Adi Shankar, who serves as an executive producer on Castlevania, another Netflix animation series.

In an interview with IGN, Shankar purchased the rights to Devil May Cry and is in the process of developing it as an anime series for Netflix. And, though he did not reveal any specific plot details regarding the show itself, he did reveal that the series “will join Castlevania in what we’re now calling the bootleg multiverse.”

Oooh, this should really be good.

I'm pretty excited for this. Castlevania, so far, is a pretty awesome series and the guy in charge seems to really care about doing a great job. So if he handles the DMC franchise the same way it'd be pretty awesome.

The previous DMC anime was ok (the opening was pretty cool) but it had it's issues. Like the fact that it kinda tried to shoehorn a plot in at the last second and the end fight was WAY too short.

Many people already watched it...but it's good news who do plan to watch it.
I am so not going to consider watching it though. It's just not my cup of tea.

Read an update from CBR and IGN:

According to Shankar, the scripts for the series' first eight episodes, which will comprise its entire first season, have been finished. The series was written in collaboration with Alex Larsen, who previously worked with Shankar on Bodied, a 2017 rap comedy that was also produced by Eminem. “The season 1 scripts are done,” Shankar said, adding, “They are rad. I could not be more excited.” Shankar also revealed that, like Castlevania before it, he is planning a multi-season arc for Devil May Cry's story. While Shankar was coy about revealing any specific details about the new anime's story, he did confirm that it would focus on the central three characters from the original game. “I can confirm that Vergil is in it, as well as Lady, and of course Dante as well,” he said.

An anime adaptation of Devil May Cry is coming to Netflix. The news comes from Adi Shankar, who serves as an executive producer on Castlevania, another Netflix animation series.

In an interview with IGN, Shankar purchased the rights to Devil May Cry and is in the process of developing it as an anime series for Netflix. And, though he did not reveal any specific plot details regarding the show itself, he did reveal that the series “will join Castlevania in what we’re now calling the bootleg multiverse.”
So uhhh we still gettin this?

Back