Devil May Cry

Headgames

Awards
Credits
I saw the new Devil May Cry trailer at E3 and I was a little confused. I remember the game didn't deal with modern issues. Now it's all about the Government controlling humans, and cameras watching us. I don't remember this having anything to do with the old DMC games. They took this one in a completely different direction. The visuals are stunning as always, but I don't know if the story is the right fit. What were your thoughts on the new DMC game?

Judging by that trailer, It would appear that NT is try to take on the DMC universe from a "realistic" perspecitve.

Even Mundus has obviously taken a more "realistic" approach.

How this will work remains to be seen.

Judging by that trailer, It would appear that NT is try to take on the DMC universe from a "realistic" perspecitve.

Even Mundus has obviously taken a more "realistic" approach.

How this will work remains to be seen.

I guess the fans are tired of the fantasy type environment. I'm anxious to see if they can pull it off. I'm a huge fan of the DMC series, but I don't know if I like the direction they're headed towards.

I guess the fans are tired of the fantasy type environment. I'm anxious to see if they can pull it off. I'm a huge fan of the DMC series, but I don't know if I like the direction they're headed towards.

I actually never saw DMC as a "fantasy type enviroment".

More like a badass "dark and gothic type enviroment" lol.

I actually liked DMC the way it was before this reboot stuff.

Although DMC4 was a "set back" I think that Capcom could have improved by making a game reminiscent of the dark and broody enviroments from DMC1 with the awesome gameplay of DMC3 mixed in with some good storytelling.

I actually never saw DMC as a "fantasy type enviroment".

More like a badass "dark and gothic type enviroment" lol.

I actually liked DMC the way it was before this reboot stuff.

Although DMC4 was a "set back" I think that Capcom could have improved by making a game reminiscent of the dark and broody enviroments from DMC1 with the awesome gameplay of DMC3 mixed in with some good storytelling.

The new DMC has a badass gothic feel, but the older ones had a fantasy feel to me. I mean what gothic person do you know who wears a red trench coat, and has grey hair? The previous titles didn't fit the description of goth to me. This newer game however has a more gothic feeling to it. He has a black trench coat with black hair. It looks more believable, and it's set in the real world, instead of a fictitious setting.

The new DMC has a badass gothic feel, but the older ones had a fantasy feel to me. I mean what gothic person do you know who wears a red trench coat, and has grey hair? The previous titles didn't fit the description of goth to me. This newer game however has a more gothic feeling to it. He has a black trench coat with black hair. It looks more believable, and it's set in the real world, instead of a fictitious setting.

Your entitled to your opinion but I must completely disagree with you here.

Have you actually played DMC1?

not trying to be a jerk, just asking serious quesiton.

Because that game was centered around nothing but dark and gothic scenary and settings.

Just check out the dark and gothic castle you start out in.

So far I have seen nothing dark and gothic in this new DMC and if you could show me some pics than please do.

I have a comparison pics right here.

Lets start with Devil May Cry 1 first

Now lets look at some of the scenary and settings from DmC reboot

I think after looking at these pics its easy to tell which one is more "dark and gothic" than the other.

DmC reboot looks like a huge colorfest by comparison.

Also I think you may be getting "gothic" and "goth" confused here when referring to how the 2 characters look.

Read up on what gothic scenary is here.
http://en.wikipedia....ic_architecture

I think DMC1's scenary fits this bill perfectly while adding a more "darker" tone it it.

Here is what I think you are referring to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth_subculture

2 different things really.

Lol I have never heard of Devil May Cry except the 4th one which I still haven't played. I heard it got raving reviews though. Link to trailer by the way?

They shouldn't have fix what wasn't broke! The response to this new "DmC" game has been terrible, and Capcom should know it's actually alienating the fans of the series rather than engaging them. Not to mention this Dante is obviously based, looks-wise, on the lead dev for the game. Ninja Theory also has a pretty bad reputation when it comes to the quality of their games.

Then again, Capcom became "Crapcom" long ago, selling on-disc DLC up the wazoo and whatnot. So I'm not exactly surprised.

I was little confused too. But I thought forget about the confusion and concentrate and wait for the game. I have played all the games and believed it was brilliant. If you like an indestructible and overpowered main characters plowing through all his enemies, then you should buy this game. Personally, it was a bit flat and straightforward. It may have pretty well animated fight scene and great atmosphere. Loiking forward to it and Hoping for good story line.

Hmm... this is a tough one for me, because for a while now I've been thinking "kill it with fire" when it comes to the DMC reboot. Then for some reason they have decided to reboot the reboot which has taken the whole enterprise to "ready the flamethrower" levels. Now I won't get into any discussions on the difference between gothic and fantasy, however I will say that if something is not broken then there is no reason to change just because twilight or batman is trending.

Dante is like Bayonetta - they are fun and over the top and frankly kind of cheesy. I like that about them, because I need something to take the edge off of all the survival horror, psychological horror, gory horror, etc. I don't need another Infamous or anything like the Darkness. I just want a game that involves lame one-liners and mass asskicking. That's all. Therefore I have little hope of anything good resulting, but I will give the benefit of a doubt...at least for now.

As a massive fan of the DMC franchise I wasn't aware that there was anything new on the books for this one... Having followed Nero's journey most recently, I thought 'yeah, this is going places'... But to create a futuristic DMC? Are they serious? Unless they are planning some prequel series to follow it, I look upon this as a marketing strategy rather than an attempt to create a brilliant plot line.

The Nero saga was only beginning, which in itself was a stretch, but to uproot the original storyline like this and create something futuristic sounds a bit bizzare... Can anyone verify this is legit?

As a massive fan of the DMC franchise I wasn't aware that there was anything new on the books for this one... Having followed Nero's journey most recently, I thought 'yeah, this is going places'... But to create a futuristic DMC? Are they serious? Unless they are planning some prequel series to follow it, I look upon this as a marketing strategy rather than an attempt to create a brilliant plot line.

The Nero saga was only beginning, which in itself was a stretch, but to uproot the original storyline like this and create something futuristic sounds a bit bizzare... Can anyone verify this is legit?

Where did you hear about a futuristic DMC being made?

Headgamer made the post at the top and from reading it, as his name would suggest and as his context would suggest, the new game is going to be based in the future...

More reading is required on my part now... But if taken at face value, this is going to be a massive game changer...

Headgamer made the post at the top and from reading it, as his name would suggest and as his context would suggest, the new game is going to be based in the future...

Not sure how you got the game being "futuristic" from his initial post.

It seems as if he was referring to the more "modern" issues rather than "future" issues.

And if you haven't done so already I would like to ask you to have a look at some of the trailers on youtube or some of the pics I posted above.

The game is definitely not "futuristic".

Alright trailer has been watched, wen through a few reviews and to be honest... You are right... It is not set in the future, which I can now take a sigh of relief over... But it is far from what I was expecting... The scene where he is getting on his trousers is sort of humourous, like the games of old... But what has happened to his image???

The scene where he is getting on his trousers is sort of humourous, like the games of old... But what has happened to his image???

I actually disliked that scene.

Makes me think that NT and Capcom are trying way to hard to make this Dante more "edgy" and "over the top" than the old one.

Well comparing it to the introduction for Devil May Cry 4... It is clear that it is lacking without any shadow of a doubt... I mean... Why did they think that it would be alright to basically rework the entire image of Dante for modern times? Was Devil May Cry 3 not set in modern era? I definitely recall a motorcycle etc...

I go in with an open mind much like all the DMC games but to be honest from what I have seen... If they do not correct this with some spectacular plot, I will have to write this one off as a 'mistake'... Sort of like the last season of Entourage... Or the end to Guns of the Patriots... (to all that know what part I am speaking of, to avoid spoilers).

I've played all the DMC games who created the thread lol? I know what gothic scenery means, and in DMC1 I just don't see it. I think the DMC reboot has potiential to be a gothic environment, but just because it's colorful doesn't make it any less gothic. The first DMC there were a lot of colorful bosses and as well as in the buildings. In my opinion I like the way the new Dante looks, he fits the image much better than the old one. The background and art design of DMC reboot are set in modern times, but that doesn't take away from the darker tone. If you watch the trailer and where he goes to the club, you'll see what I'm talking about. He's much more of a badass in reboot, than in DMC1.

Back