Did you ever stay up all night gaming?

In my younger days I did that. Particularly when a new hot game was coming out. GTA: san Andreas was one. Hmm
When I got the 1st playstation I was able to purchase Twisted metal 2, and a few others. The ps was released a few days prior so it was a huge deal.

GTA 4 totally messed me up too. I didn't get the PS3 when it was released and had no intention for it. I said to all of my friends that the price was offensive. The truth was I was deep in love with a girl and spending every day Chasing butterlies , picnicking in the forest, kissing at her, and whatever else:confused:. Here's a few pics of her (1) (2) (3)
When GTA5 came out I was working as a cabinet assembler in a factory. It was out for about 4 days and my friend was missing. I went to see him and he said he took vacation days for GTA5. I took a look at it, drove back to work and asked for a week off. Bought the system and the game and played my butt off for a solid month. There were a lot of all nighters and game nights at my place. My girl loved it too but she wanted to knock my lights out by week 3.

I did it a lot when I was younger though. PC like halflife, C&C renegade, quake 3, unreal tournament, and other fps.

I cannot do this sort of thing anymore. I have a lot of downtime but I have a daily schedule to keep. If I stayed up all night it would screw my whole week up. Also, I'm 35yrs old, I cannot handle being all zoned into a game for hours at a time. It'll give me tunnel vision and a headache.[/URL]

I did during my younger days, I remember a few times staying up till 4 AM playing mario party with my brothers and their friends. Those were the days...

Haha, or better said 'those were the nights'... :grin:

So, what's stopping you guys from staying up all night to game during weekends or on holidays?

Headaches and it makes me feel like I have an unhealthy addiction. I'll be doing it for dead island 2 though.

The vitality? lol... Come on, you're still pretty young... Younger than me...

What does being young have to do with it? I am tired late at night, I'm not a man of a lot of energy and my eyes aren't the greatest these days to be staring at screens all night long. I may be 24, but I can be lazy as a guy in his 50s.

I used to a lot too, I find myself getting bored of games a lot quicker nowadays though - probably would do it occasionally if I found a game I really liked though.

I used to a lot too, I find myself getting bored of games a lot quicker nowadays though - probably would do it occasionally if I found a game I really liked though.

you're getting bored because games are all flash and nothing that pulls you in. I personally might be done with them if I still didn't play them for the stories.

Rarely has that happend :grin: But it does sometimes, even in my "elder" years. Back when I was playing Vice City on PS2 we didn't have a memory card, so I had to stay up and finish the entire game in one session. That sucked! And then when you were done, you turned the console off and it was like it never happend :grin:

Not all night... But I have stayed awake past midnight to play games often.

I need some sleep to get through the next day after all

I've done it a few times, mostly when playing co-op games with friends.

The last one was Stardew Valley after the multiplayer update. I wasnt planning to stay up late, but I didnt see the time pass playing it. And before I knew it, it was already 4am.

The latest I was staying up to play video games was till 5:40 AM. It was in Summer and didn't have anything else to do.

There have been times that I've stayed up late to play a video game but I don't remember ever staying up all night to play.

A few years ago I stayed up for many hours to try to beat a boss in a shooting game called Shadow Gun which was made for smartphones.

Back