Did you have to pay for your modem/router from your internet service provider?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
My modem with a wireless and wired router built-into the case is a free rental from my internet service provider as part of my ISP subscription. But, I have to return it once I no longer subscribe to their service.

My ISP is cheap as freaking hell, they give us crappy used cable boxes, modems and routers which are all rented. So we have to pay on the modem and cable box but I got my own router, wasn't paying rent on that.

Will be soon. Hopefully in my new home

My ISP is cheap as freaking hell, they give us crappy used cable boxes, modems and routers which are all rented. So we have to pay on the modem and cable box but I got my own router, wasn't paying rent on that.

I think the cable boxes and modem are also used /refurbished because they came in brown boxes, or the box is not wrapped in plastic wrap like a new device from a store.

I also hate the cable box remote controls where the buttons are small, with small text and numbers on the remote. The remotes also seem to break more often compared to other remotes from DVD players, game consoles, and TVs.

I think the cable boxes and modem are also used /refurbished because they came in brown boxes, or the box is not wrapped in plastic wrap like a new device from a store.

I also hate the cable box remote controls where the buttons are small, with small text and numbers on the remote. The remotes also seem to break more often compared to other remotes from DVD players, game consoles, and TVs.

Actually they provide new remotes that actually light up when used with a soft orange glow. I really like it.

I get mine for free and its all new and modern. I have never had to pay for them except for package and posting.

Back