Did you know about this?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Apparently, some people got together and created a real life, Mario Kart battle in their backyard. I've posted the videos to it below if you want to watch. I hope no one was hurt during this whole ordeal.......

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:
that was pretty dumb, but so dumb it was pretty good. Would like to try that myself.

I'm surprised someone didn't loose an eye or catch on fire. I couldn't believe they were using fireworks and shooting each other with it. Minus the fireworks, I thought it was pretty funny.

At the end of part 1, when Bowser showed up to make some changes, sounded like they were using part of a Helghast theme from Killzone... Seems very fitting.

A fun little video. Though I wonder if it would be possible to take things up a step and use real karts... (And figure out a way to have the items actually work close to their game counterparts. I mean some aren't going to work identical, like the shrinking or super star... but still be cool nonetheless.)

At the end of part 1, when Bowser showed up to make some changes, sounded like they were using part of a Helghast theme from Killzone... Seems very fitting.

A fun little video. Though I wonder if it would be possible to take things up a step and use real karts... (And figure out a way to have the items actually work close to their game counterparts. I mean some aren't going to work identical, like the shrinking or super star... but still be cool nonetheless.)

I would like that also. They make go karts, both for children and for adults. I don't know why they couldn't turn them into carts that they could use for this. Then they could make an actual track, whether dirt or paved.

shrinking would work by having small kids take their place, star would work by throwing some kind of rainbow cloth over them and tapping a person makes them spin out.

I would figure they'd just embed a computer into the karts so that they could mimic effects. So like if someone had a star it'd cause that person to speed up and anyone they contacted would spin out. Mushroom boosts would just increase speed temporarily. For shells it'd be nice if they used an overhead mounted projector since then they could just have them projected as moving towards the target (giving some visual indicator) while being laser controlled or something. Banana peels would probably be the toughest to replicate since they'd be a static item placed on the field. (Maybe if the track itself had smart tech it could recognise where the peel was dropped and cause a spin out if the user drove over that part of the track?)

Spin outs would be computer controlled to make them safer while maintaining the realistic look.

I love it when people come up with these sort of creative ideas. A very nice and entertaining video :grin:

Back