Did you wish you bought a faster more reliable computer before the Coronavirus outbreak?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I wish I bought a faster and more reliable computer before the Coronavirus outbreak because I am afraid my computer may not be fast enough to run some software and games I want to use, and my computer will break from old age.

I don't feel like going computer shopping during the Coronavirus outbreak because a lot of people outside maybe infected by the Coronavirus, and the mail service may not be cleaning their mail trucks and ware house, so it does not infect postal mail with the coronavirus.

To be honest,I don't.

It's alright and everything is going to be scarce now. But I suppose it would have been better that way

... and the mail service may not be cleaning their mail trucks and ware house, so it does not infect postal mail with the coronavirus.

According to WHO packages and mails are still quite safe, you can always clean your package/mails with alcohol based wipes along with your hands before opening the packages/mails :

Is it safe to receive a package from any area where COVID-19 has been reported?

Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.

WcX3hto.png

Last edited:
According to WHO packages and mails are still quite safe, you can always clean your package/mails with alcohol based wipes along with your hands before opening the packages/mails :

Is it safe to receive a package from any area where COVID-19 has been reported?

Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.

WcX3hto.png

Thanks for the info.

I feel I don't want to order a PC for now because there is no guarantee that yhe delivery driver, me, my family, my home, or neighbours won't get infected with the coronavirus, so I feel it is safer for me and the delivery workers not to enter my home to deliver a package these days.

I have an old but reliable computer, so I don't intend to replace it.

I also have a few old reliable computers. I may replace one of them if I see a good deal on a faster Desktop computer, and the Coronavirus lockdown is not delaying online shopping shipments, and local computer stores from opening.

be wise to do some upgrades, newer ram, SSD hard drive, ect.

Yes you are right. I will buy a new SSD drive to upgrade my computer soon.
I also have a few old reliable computers. I may replace one of them if I see a good deal on a faster Desktop computer, and the Coronavirus lockdown is not delaying online shopping shipments, and local computer stores from opening.

Indeed, you can order a good desktop online and get it via delivery even on the same day.

Back