Did you wish you can easily re-use your laptop screen on other laptops?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It maybe useful if I can reuse my old laptop screen, and just buy the laptop's base which contains the motherboard, cpu, ram, and battery when most of the PC parts like CPU and RAM becomes outdated or broken.

do you mean the screen or like the frame of it?

do you mean the screen or like the frame of it?

I mainly mean the screen where I can easily attach the screen to a frame without the need to take the whole laptop apart to access the screen.

It would be nice if it was possible to buy a laptop without a screen, and install an old working screen from a broken laptop into it, so I save a little money by not needing to buy a screen like how people with Desktop PCs can re-use their monitors on a new desktop computer which they bought.

Last edited:
Yup. They are costly as well, but it's almost impossible unless you own two laptop of the same make and model.

Well re-usable screen is a luxury we could never have.

I've been looking for a decent laptop for months, but either they are too expensive, or are dramatically lacking.
So instead I decided to re-install Linux on my old Surface Pro 3, and I no longer need a new laptop.
It's a bit damaged after falling off a shelf by earthquake some time ago, but it's more cosmetic damage.

I think it'll be a good thing if the makers will make a replaceable screen protector like tempered glasses on mobile phones.
Luckily, it's not the screen that's damaged.
It's rather the sides, sometimes causing a yellow effect on the top-left corner of the screen.
But it's really no big deal.

Back