Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Square Enix's recently announced remake of Final Fantasy VII may not be the only classic entry in the series to get a major overhaul for current-gen consoles, as series director Tetsuya Nomura has expressed interest in remaking both Final Fantasy V and VI.

"Considering that we have remakes of Final Fantasy up to IV and then we have VII — I’ve been working with Mr. [Yoshinori] Kitase since Final Fantasy V, and we’ve noticed that V and VI are missing. That bothers me," Nomura told VentureBeat. "How come we skipped over those two?"

Nomura also shared some new information on the Final Fantasy VII Remake, confirming that it won't just be a carbon copy of the original release with spruced up visuals.

In an interview with Dengeki Online (via Gematsu), he said it "won’t be a simple remake," noting that "even if we were only making the graphics prettier for a next-generation machine, I don’t think it would exceed the original version."
source

I just want it to be as good as the PS1 game.

I want a Final Fantasy VIII remake, I'm a big fan of Squall Leonhart and his gunblade.

Demon_Skeith said:
then this needs to be high successful.
Pretty positive it will.

But some fans are concerned that it may end up playing like KIngdom Hearts since the guy said it would not be a straight up remake with only new graphics.

Me personally I wouldn't mind it as much if say there was a option for turn based or realtime battle, but I doubt they would have such options.

ToCool74 said:
Pretty positive it will.

But some fans are concerned that it may end up playing like KIngdom Hearts since the guy said it would not be a straight up remake with only new graphics.

Me personally I wouldn't mind it as much if say there was a option for turn based or realtime battle, but I doubt they would have such options.
never know, a remake of this size has happened before for a dedicated fan base.

I would love to have KH gameplay but would make some battles harder or maybe impossible like the first boss fight.

I haven't managed to play too many of the classic FF games, but if they manage to produce good quality games, I will keep a look out and hope for some more remakes. I did enjoy the classic remakes on the GBA, and would be looking forward to more.

I'm kind of torn about this topic. While I do want to see quality remakes of the Final Fantasy games, there's a point where it just has to die in my opinion. If the remakes aren't on par with the original, then it would all be for a waste. The director has his work cut out for him. I'll probably still buy them to see if they're worth their salt.

I wish that all the FF games would be remade. I think that more people wojuld be into the series since they would be able to start from the very beginning if they were all remade.

Liv6 said:
I'm kind of torn about this topic. While I do want to see quality remakes of the Final Fantasy games, there's a point where it just has to die in my opinion. If the remakes aren't on par with the original, then it would all be for a waste. The director has his work cut out for him. I'll probably still buy them to see if they're worth their salt.
I rather have them make good remakes, remind them how FF games should be.

Back