Ditching people

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
Most of the time I wanted to be left along but there are times when I can't do that. During those times it's annoying and I can't wait to ditch them. Do you guys have any tips for this? Thanks in advance!

Depends on your culture.
In Europe I was usually fine with a simple "I want to be left alone, maybe next time?", but in Japan I really have to make up a horribly valid excuse to split up again.

It's not that I don't like the ones I'm together with, it's rather that I've been alone all life long, so I can handle being together for a short time (up to 30 minutes or so) only, but after that it gets annoying to me.

I feel proving you have housework to do at home, work from your job you need to get done, or you need to study and do homework for school may make people less likely think that you don't like them, so you are leaving them.

Setting up a schedule to meet them for a certain amount of time like 1 hour, and telling them about what you need to do on your own like washing dishes at home may make people less likely to continuing to want to hang out with you because you are busy,

Just kindly say you need to excuse yourself or you can't hang out at the time. Best way to go about it.

Thank you guys but people I hang out with are my colleagues and it's not easy to make excuses at all.
I wish it's easy but...it's not ...unfortunately.

Thank you guys but people I hang out with are my colleagues and it's not easy to make excuses at all.
I wish it's easy but...it's not ...unfortunately.

I can see how it can be difficult to not hang out with your colleagues since you work with them, and they maybe your boss and manager who can choose to treat worker who hang out with them better, and some businesses like to have parties after work for workers to socialize.

I can see how it can be difficult to not hang out with your colleagues since you work with them, and they maybe your boss and manager who can choose to treat worker who hang out with them better, and some businesses like to have parties after work for workers to socialize.
Drinking party after work at the nearest by cafe all night long.

Late night drinking parties which involve drinking alcohol like beer do seem to be popular in many workplaces in different countries.

Lol...well, in my tradition drinking and smoking are not allowed for women and I don't have those habits. People wouldn't force you to take them when you are don't have a habit of using them.

I think smoking is now mostly a less popular activity for both men and women where I live, but drinking is more acceptable. But, drinking does not seem as popular these days because people behave badly when they are drunk, and drunk driving being dangerous to everyone on the road and sidewalk. Plus, there are a lot of health problems like liver problems when drinking too much alcohol.

I feel like both are very popular over here, except that smokers are getting harder lives by the year.
Last year people could smoke in most restaurants wherever they wanted, but now most restaurants have smokers and non-smokers separated.
Smoking on the streets is forbidden, which is good because air is much fresher as a result (only the remains of aircon's can often blow right in your face, but at least you know where they are unlike with smokers).

I think smoking indoors in restaurants, and public places is banned in many cities in North America, but the law is not always enforced since I still see people smoking outdoors.

In India, smoking in public places is banned but no one follows. Hopefully, people would understand how important and dangerous it is....
I wish for a non-smoking world!

Back