Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
There is nothing worse than a site going down at a time that you won't be at the PC for a few hours and that is what happened yesterday.

So anyone trying to access the site from 1 PM CST to 10 PM CST yesterday most likely didn't get it to load. This was due to an error on our DNS provider cloudflare who still hasn't replied to my support ticket forcing me to use GF's current hosting default DNS to get the site back up.

Don't ask me yet what happened, for some reason the A Record for our site had somehow changed despite what should be the record default on both the server and what I have it on cloudflare which neither was changed on a user level.

I am not sure if I will go back to cloudflare as changing DNS can be a pain for some members ISP to update, but for now just keep me informed on how well the site loads for you.

I will update this hopefully on Tuesday as I got a feeling that cloudflare is off for memorial day weekend here in the states.

I apologize for the downtime and hope we have no further downtimes.

-DS . 

And as of right now we will no longer be using cloudflare, support completely shafted me and gave no answer besides their usual 'are you doing this right' response.

what a waste of time, never trust a free service with your website connection folks.

Back