Do cheap smartphones get an unfair reputation of overheating?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I feel cheap smartphones get an unfair reputation of overheating since more expensive phones made by Apple and Samsung can also overheat according to articles I read online on tech blogs.

There are a lot of people who used cheap Nokia Windows Phone, LG, and Motorola phones which don't overheat where it burns people's skin, or become dangerous to use.

Maybe? I know my $600 one overheats easily these days, but then again it is 4 years old.

Maybe? I know my $600 one overheats easily these days, but then again it is 4 years old.

I read that the iPhone X is also overheating according to iPhone X users report overheating, excessive data consumption , and some people put the phone in the freezer. It is disappointing that phones which cost hundreds to thousands of dollars still overheat. Apple and Samsung can probably design a better cooling system or install a small fan to cool down the phone.

Of course, phone cases most likely cuts off proper cooling.

Some phone cases may help with cooling if the person holding the phone has hot hands where the heat from a person's hand is transfer to the phone. People can get hot hands when holding a cup of hot water, or washing their hands with hot water.

My hands are mostly cold in the winter as well because turning up the heat makes the heating and electricity bill more expensive in the Winter and early Spring.

Yes, I feel cheap smartphones get an unfair reputation of overheating since more expensive phones made by Apple and Samsung can also overheat according to articles I read online on tech blogs.

There are a lot of people who used cheap Nokia Windows Phone, LG, and Motorola phones which don't overheat where it burns people's skin, or become dangerous to use.

I want to include the cloudfone to these. I can't hold the cloudfone after one hour of use because it's really hot and looks like it's going to explode.

I have used cheap phones. I just used it for 5 minutes that I already feel that my phone is heating. I ended up buying a new one because I was afraid that it might explode if I used it for too long.

Its basically the material and components used on cheaper devices. Most of the tablets and smartphones are the same in principle and some have similarity in design. But the biggest factors that affect the system is material and components used in the production.
In terms of heat dissipation, materials like ceramic, copper, aluminum are basically used for production. Now the price changes for every material used the lesser heat tolerance the cheaper it will be.

Back