Do cheap smartphones get an unfair reputation of overheating?

Do cheap smartphones get an unfair reputation of overheating?

Discussion in 'Gadget & Internet Hub' started by froggyboy604, Feb 15, 2018.

1. froggyboy604

froggyboy604 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Money:
    $32,897
    Yes, I feel cheap smartphones get an unfair reputation of overheating since more expensive phones made by Apple and Samsung can also overheat according to articles I read online on tech blogs.

There are a lot of people who used cheap Nokia Windows Phone, LG, and Motorola phones which don't overheat where it burns people's skin, or become dangerous to use.

2. Demon_Skeith

Demon_Skeith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

Maybe? I know my $600 one overheats easily these days, but then again it is 4 years old.

3. froggyboy604

Money:
    $32,897
    I read that the iPhone X is also overheating according to iPhone X users report overheating, excessive data consumption , and some people put the phone in the freezer. It is disappointing that phones which cost hundreds to thousands of dollars still overheat. Apple and Samsung can probably design a better cooling system or install a small fan to cool down the phone.

4. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

Of course, phone cases most likely cuts off proper cooling.

5. froggyboy604

Money:
    $32,897
    Some phone cases may help with cooling if the person holding the phone has hot hands where the heat from a person's hand is transfer to the phone. People can get hot hands when holding a cup of hot water, or washing their hands with hot water.

6. Demon_Skeith

Top Poster Of Month

unfortunately my hands often remain cold.

7. froggyboy604

Money:
    $32,897
    My hands are mostly cold in the winter as well because turning up the heat makes the heating and electricity bill more expensive in the Winter and early Spring.