Do older resistive touchscreen which use a Hard Stylus Pen last longer?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I seen people use older Nintendo DS, DS Lite, 3DS and Wii U with Resistive touchscreen and a hard stylus pen, and those handhelds and consoles are many years old, and the resistive touchscreen still work after many years of use.

But, I seen a few online complaints videos of people complaining that their newer smartphones and tablets has an unresponsive/broken capacitive touchscreen which does not need a hard stylus pen for clicking on text and images on the screen.

To be honest, that might be the case.

Old stuff always have good quality when compared to the new stuff. Somehow quality gets compromised always.... As if the companies want us to spend more and more money and such

To be honest, that might be the case.

Old stuff always have good quality when compared to the new stuff. Somehow quality gets compromised always.... As if the companies want us to spend more and more money and such

I feel people in the past maybe more willing to pay more money for electronics like handheld game consoles like the Nintendo DS Lite and Palm Pilots with a higher quality resistive touchscreen made by better touchscreen makers. Makers of resistive touchscreen devices in the past installed high quality touchscreen because there was a lot of users who are willing to pay more money for electronic touchscreen which last longer.

There are resistive touchscreens which can be touched more than 35 million touches, and still work properly according to AccuTouch® 5-Wire Resistive touchscreen, Bezel

But, I feel a lot of newer capacitive touchscreens are made more cheaply, so more buyers can afford cheaper electronics when companies sell a smartphone, tablet, and touchscreen laptop for a lower price. But, the touchscreen may not last many years because the screen is more cheaply made.

I feel people in the past maybe more willing to pay more money for electronics like handheld game consoles like the Nintendo DS Lite and Palm Pilots with a higher quality resistive touchscreen made by better touchscreen makers. Makers of resistive touchscreen devices in the past installed high quality touchscreen because there was a lot of users who are willing to pay more money for electronic touchscreen which last longer.

There are resistive touchscreens which can be touched more than 35 million touches, and still work properly according to AccuTouch® 5-Wire Resistive touchscreen, Bezel

But, I feel a lot of newer capacitive touchscreens are made more cheaply, so more buyers can afford cheaper electronics when companies sell a smartphone, tablet, and touchscreen laptop for a lower price. But, the touchscreen may not last many years because the screen is more cheaply made.
I agree and smartphones are fragile. People end up dropping them a lot, so they wouldn't know just how long a smartphone these days can last. There are some people who change phones just because they want to... Too

I agree and smartphones are fragile. People end up dropping them a lot, so they wouldn't know just how long a smartphone these days can last. There are some people who change phones just because they want to... Too

I agree some people drop their phones causing the fragile screen to break,and many people treat a phone like a status symbol where they want to use a newer smartphone to make them look more fashionable.

The smartphone's battery is no longer replaceable on many modern smartphones like the iPhone, and some Google Android phones.

I think the battery and other parts like the internal storage chip, RAM, etc will break before the touchscreen breaks.

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new smartphone instead of hiring a smartphone repair technician to replace the battery, and other parts.

Older smartphones with outdated/discontinued operating systems like Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread no longer get security updates, bug fixes, and don't work with newer apps, so people need to replace older smartphones to protect themselves from virus, spyware, and malware, and to use newer apps like WhatsApp, Amazon Alexa, and social networking apps which sometimes only work for newer mobile operating systems.

There are a lot of older smartphones which touchscreen and other parts still work fine, but are no longer being used because of security and app compatibility reasons.

Last edited:
I agree some people drop their phones causing the fragile screen to break,and many people treat a phone like a status symbol where they want to use a newer smartphone to make them look more fashionable.

The smartphone's battery is no longer replaceable on many modern smartphones like the iPhone, and some Google Android phones.

I think the battery and other parts like the internal storage chip, RAM, etc will break before the touchscreen breaks.

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a new smartphone instead of hiring a smartphone repair technician to replace the battery, and other parts.

Older smartphones with outdated/discontinued operating systems like Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread no longer get security updates, bug fixes, and don't work with newer apps, so people need to replace older smartphones to protect themselves from virus, spyware, and malware, and to use newer apps like WhatsApp, Amazon Alexa, and social networking apps which sometimes only work for newer mobile operating systems.

There are a lot of older smartphones which touchscreen and other parts still work fine, but are no longer being used because of security and app compatibility reasons.
People really do think of phones as status symbols.
I don't really get why but many people have iPhones because they are way popular and people want them just for that. For me, I just need a reliable phone that meets my daily needs.

People really do think of phones as status symbols.
I don't really get why but many people have iPhones because they are way popular and people want them just for that. For me, I just need a reliable phone that meets my daily needs.

I think one of the reason is a status symbol in North America and other places is because a lot of iPhone smartphone case makers make very fancy and expensive cases for the iPhone. I seen people with some fancy iPhone cases which are made of gold, leather, and higher quality metal like Titanium.

Fancy iPhone cases are also status symbols which people don't need.

There are fewer fancy smartphone cases for Google Android smartphones, and non-iPhone smartphones.

Most Google Android phones can use the same apps like social networking, web browser, text messaging, phone calls, video chat, and game apps which are also available on iPhone/iOS, so I think the fancy cases for iPhone make a lot of people buy iPhones.

They were made to take a beating.

Resistive touchscreens are used on ATM, self-check out cash register, and other equipment which may encounter angry workers and users who may more likely abuse the resistive touchscreen, so the resistive touchscreens installed in ATMs, cash registers, and other equiptment are most likely designed for being more durable.

Back