do PC gamers "compete" with console gamers?

zoldos

Lord
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
So does anyone think that hardcore PC gamers think "less" of hardcore console gamers, or the reverse? I have no problem with those who play console. I used to play on a PS3, but my passion has always been PC gaming.

I don't think the system you play on depends on how "hardcore" you are. I mean if you enjoy the system, that's all that should matter.

Well, some do. There's definitely a reason the 'PC master race' comments are what some associate PC gamers with.

But for the most part, no.

2jdrghl.jpg

Hardcore and casual are just terms used nowadays for players to rub their egos or be derogative with other players. You will find gamers that prefer different mediums and players insecure or immature that will try to make a big deal out of it.

I lean more to console gaming as I am just more accustomed to it but I am also fine with PC gaming and I don't think there is such a thing as an absolute "superior" device. They are just tools so you can do your hobby. Pick what suits you. Have fun. Live and let live.

Agreed. I definitely prefer PC gaming but our new Amazon Fire TV box has tonnes of games I also enjoy.

I've always been a console gamer my whole life. However, I've never looked down on someone for being a PC gamer. That's just silly. Who cares if you prefer console gaming or PC gaming. Whether you enjoy playing on a console or a PC, if that's what you enjoy then so be it.

I've always PC gamed. Even before the Atari 2600 I was playing games on computers! Altho I wouldn't mind a PS4 at some point. :grin:

I read a few posts where PC Gamers feel that Consoles are a waste of money by buying a console with slower parts because a lot of consoles have slower CPUs, and video chips, but still cost many hundreds of dollars.

The original Xbox One and PS4 used AMD Jaguar APU which is a CPU and video chip built-into one chip sort of like most Intel CPU including the Atom and Celeron with built-in Graphics.

The AMD Jaguar APU are used in Netbook laptops, so some users may feel that consoles are better, and may lag a lot because netbooks are not good to use, and are slow.

It's just typical console war shenanigans with PC gamers thrown in due to the glut of multi platform games finally hitting Steam during the last generation.

I don't think they would differentiate themselves like that.

When someone likes games, they consider themselves as gamers... That's what I believe anyway.

I'm more of a universal console type of person. I'm not a big fanboy of PC, cause it can be used for anything else besides gaming. It took me a while to get used to playing with a keyboard & mouse...

Back