Do people care too much about the appearance of items like shoes, car wheels, and clothing?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel people can sometimes care too much about the appearance of everyday items like shoes, car metal wheels, and pencils. Some people may care more about the appearance of an item, and not care as much about how reliable, and affordable the item like a shoe, car wheel or pencil is.

It seems things like shoes, pencils, and smartphones are mainly design to look good because people are more likely to buy stuff based on how good the things look.

Some Laptops and smartphones these days seem less reliable, and are more likely to overheat, break, and cause problems, but some people still pick them because the smartphone or laptop has a nice modern thin metallic case.

I saw news stories of people buying cheap fake aluminum metal car wheels, and the fake wheels are lower quality where the whole wheel cracks in half after it hits a pot hole or bump the curb of the sidewalk. Some people also buy cheap large size tires which look good, but are usually lower quality, and more likely to blowout.

But, people may save money and make their car more reliable and safer by using basic $50 metal steel car wheels with a basic flat design and circular air ventilation holes, and regular all-season/multipurpose smaller size tire from a trustworthy tire brand with a better reputation for making reliable tires which is safer than using cheap fake aluminum alloy wheels with a cool design and large tires from an untrustworthy design.

Last edited:
People are definitely far too hung up on the appearance of items rather than their functionality. I always wear the cheapest clothing and shoes that I can because they work just as well as the expensive ones.

People are definitely far too hung up on the appearance of items rather than their functionality. I always wear the cheapest clothing and shoes that I can because they work just as well as the expensive ones.

This is true. I have cheap t-shirts, sweaters, pants, shoes, towels and other things which last for many years.

All I care is that I look decent and no jeans with holes in them.

All I care is that I look decent and no jeans with holes in them.

I also mainly care about looking decent. I think small holes and tiny rips on jeans are okay when you are not at work or at home. But, wearing clothing with holes, rips, and stains at work can look unprofessional when everyone is wearing a clean shirt and pants.

I don't care about brands. I wear whatever I think looks good on me regardless of what it costs. I think young teens are the group that really like to compete with each other. My 11 year old granddaughter has become brand conscious which I knew would happen one day. If she's anything like her dad she will just grow out of it .. I hope.

Back