Do robots also need a Bill of Rights? Why or why not?

HanaSong

Full GL Member
Credits
What if robots finally become sentient? Should we treat robots like humans? Would they need a Bill of Rights to protect them when that time comes? Why or why not?

What if robots finally become sentient? Should we treat robots like humans? Would they need a Bill of Rights to protect them when that time comes? Why or why not?

I suddenly remember Detroit become human... but I think they do need one, respect even the non-living things!

I've been thinking about it since I heard of robot fighting tournaments like BattleBots, Robotica, and the one in the upcoming World Cyber Games. What if all of a sudden they became self-aware and decided not to hurt fellow robots anymore. Scary.

I feel robots should have a bill of rights when they are self-aware, and have emotions since self-aware robots are like animals and humans except they are made of plastic and metal.

Uh....unless they are very independent that don't need human intervention at all.....which is very hard to imagine, we don't have to worry about anything.
Still, I highly doubt A.I. will be able to develop that much in our generation.

Back