Do Touchscreens make expensive products like luxury cars and gold watches look Cheap and a Gimmick?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Touchscreens sometimes don't look good on very expensive cars, and gold watches because the touchscreens on car dashboards can look like a cheap tablets. The tablet's touchscreem software user interface don't look as good in highend cars and gold watches compared to silver or gold buttons, and knobs which have a more fancy design. If I were to buy a very expensive car, watch, or suitcase, I think having materials like wood, gold, silver, diamonds, and marble on it would make it look more highend than sticking a touchscreen on it.

I think most tablets and touchscreens built-into cars, smartwatches, stereo systems, speakers, and fridges is a gimmick. There are usually not many useful apps and games for it compared to a smartphone or tablet like an iPad is more useful, and have better apps/games, and faster performance compared to a smartwatch, stereo system and car's touchscreens computers which sometimes use a cheap slow CPU, and 1GB or less of RAM.

I've come to dislike touchscreens on cars since mine has one. Some times you touch it and it won't respond, then it requires careful pressing which can be hard if you're driving. I do believe buttons are better than touch screen.

I've come to dislike touchscreens on cars since mine has one. Some times you touch it and it won't respond, then it requires careful pressing which can be hard if you're driving. I do believe buttons are better than touch screen.

I also feel buttons, and knobs are better as well. Buttons and Knobs are also more durable, and cheaper to repair compared to an expensive touchscreen computer where you may also need to replace the computer which is attached to the screen, or not sold separately where you need to replace both the computer and the touchscreen.

Touchscreen computers can sometimes slowdown if it has not been rebooted in a few hours, or if the touchscreen and computer is overheating.

I think most touchscreens don't work with gloves which is a problem if you wear driving gloves to drive in colder places like Alaska, and mountain. Some car heaters take awhile to heat up an entire car, so gloves are needed to drive if you don't like cold hands. Sweaty or wet hands may cause the touchscreen to not work well, and may damage the screen over time.

I bet, touchscreens in cars may can make a car use a little more gas, and make the car slightly less powerful because the battery and engine needs to work harder to power the touchscreen, and touchscreen computer system which can use a lot of power if the screen is bigger and very bright, and the CPU on the computer is faster like an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU with 8GB RAM. Some CPUs are powerhouses which can use a lot of electricity and require a larger battery or more power. The extra heat from the touchscreen and touchscreen computer may also make the air conditioner in a car use more gas to work harder to try to cool down the car's interior more.

hopefully the next car I get ( I want to say in the year 20), will have button options.

Buttons are a nicer to use, so hopefully cars will still have them.

I think more cars should come with buttons since many places have colder winters where freezing temperatures are common, and the very low temperature sometimes make touchscreens not work if it gets very cold, or there is a layer of ice which freezes on the touchscreen if there is water in the air.

Honestly, that might be the case.

I prefer touchscreen and other sophisticated stuff rather than expensive stuff.

I think for certain luxury products like Mechanical diving watches, gold jewelry, and artwork like statues, a touchscreen may make certain luxury items worth less money in the future, and look tacky many years from now when better button controls are invented.

Controls like knobs/dials, and buttons can have timeless designs, and feel nicer to use than tapping and sliding a finger on a glass touchscreen where you can see and feel greasy fingerprints more easily than a button made of metal, wood, plastic, rubber, and stone.

Back